Reader
Fallton
0 Kudos

Error "Download: 2080" on PC & BB

Purchased a few books today from the ebook store online and when i went to my PC B&N library to download, I got the 2080 error, and then the same on my Blackberry. I checked my Credit Card and Address but everything is right. Why do I get this error and unable to unlock my books.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Error "Download: 2080" on PC & BB

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

Please don't hesitate and contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support. 

We are looking into this also for you on our end.

Please let us know if you issue was resolved.

New User
Kiriyama
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem with error 2080

I purchased quite a few books and through the PC reader I can only access a few, on the others I'm constantly bombarded with error 2080, though the content is paid for and on my Nook, I cant read it on my computer. Even if the credit card it was bought with has long expired, the transaction took place and it was paid for, why can I not access my material on my computer?

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: I'm having the same problem with error 2080

Your previous CC number was used to create the DRM for your books. Please call Technical Support at 1.800.THE.BOOK.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Kiriyama wrote:

I purchased quite a few books and through the PC reader I can only access a few, on the others I'm constantly bombarded with error 2080, though the content is paid for and on my Nook, I cant read it on my computer. Even if the credit card it was bought with has long expired, the transaction took place and it was paid for, why can I not access my material on my computer?

Are you able to arcbookshelf books?  If you can't from the app try going to the website and archiving.  Then open the app and sync to your account.  Then try to unarchive the book.  this should download it with the new cc although you should be able to I open them regardless of whether or not you're  still using that cc.  I know I have books purchased with two different cc's and they all open.

New User
SeanHarrison
0 Kudos

Davan wrote:
Your previous CC number was used to create the DRM for your books. Please call Technical Support at 1.800.THE.BOOK.

As a programmer, I have to say, this is possibly the dumbest DRM implementation I've ever heard of. Did your dev team never consider the possibility that credit cards *expire*? 

Go ahead and report me for abuse, I suppose. If you're dumb enough to use a CC number as part of your DRM scheme, I'll be surprised if you got the 'abuse reporting' working.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

SeanHarrison wrote:

Davan wrote:

As a programmer, I have to say, this is possibly the dumbest DRM implementation I've ever heard of. Did your dev team never consider the possibility that credit cards *expire*? 

Go ahead and report me for abuse, I suppose. If you're dumb enough to use a CC number as part of your DRM scheme, I'll be surprised if you got the 'abuse reporting' working.

As a programmer, what method would you propose for DRM that doesn't tie you to a device or ADE?  While some people don't like B&N DRM, others of us, who share our eBooks, legally, with friends and family are quite happy with it.  Optimally, DRM should die.  But, until that happens the vendors have to work with the rules that the copyright holders and their designees demand.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
ltsm
0 Kudos

Re: Error "Download: 2080" on PC & BB

Your not trying to help becuase this was posted on 2010 and its 2013 and im still having the same error to this day

and i qoute

"‎07-22-2010 04:23 PM

Thank you for posting. We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable."

Sure so much help
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 635 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: