Frequent Contributor
kellar
0 Kudos

FIXED: Nook for PC login 1025 error

Nook for PC not working?  Error 1025.  Here's a fix that worked for me.

Enable cookies in Internet Explorer. They at nookboards.com said ALL browsers, but I don't know if that is necessary. I already had Firefox cookies enabled, and use Chrome without. I don't like IE, and don't use it.

I've been trying to get this fixed since last October 2010. My ebooks disappeared off my pc when BN servers were up/down one weekend. I upgraded the app and couldn't login after that. I've called a dozen times with tech support having me uninstall and reinstall the Nook for PC app. Reboots. Deleting files. Nothing worked. While I was on hold with tech support today, I googled the error message again to see if someone finally found a fix.

The techs need to know this. I told the supervisor when he finally got on the line about the fix I just found. He said it is just assumed that everyone has cookies enabled in IE. Well, you know what they say about assumptions. If a tech had asked me that one little questions months ago, I would have had this issue resolved right away.  All they did was have me jump though unnecessary hoops. 

Other than this nook for pc saga, tech support and customer service have been helpful.

New User
Sourcerella
0 Kudos

Re: FIXED: Nook for PC login 1025 error

Thank you so much for figuring this out. I never use Internet Explorer, so I had no idea that blocking cookies on IE would prevent my nook reader from working on my PC. Bravo! And thank you again! :smileyvery-happy:

New User
erikakaybennett
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for figuring this out!!!

Reader 2
owl324
0 Kudos

Thanks so much kellar!  I've been trying to figure out how to sign into NOOK for Pc for months.  Finally came across your post and it worked. 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 297 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: