Contributor
dynalmadman
0 Kudos

Help with Balckberry reader please.

I installed the reader just fine on my BB Bold 9000.  I have no trouble downloading and reading some samples from B&N.

I have a Epub book that I bought from another source and would like to read it on my BB.  I tried putting it in the BN folder with the other samples, but then  I get an 'Unable to Sync' error, so I deleted it.

I installed Calibre and converted it to .pdb and put it in the same folder, and got the same error.

Is there something special I have to do to side load a book to read in the BN ereader on the blackberry?

Thank you,

Michael

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Re: Help with Balckberry reader please.

The current version (1.0.7) of B&N's ereader for BB cannot read epub format books.  There is also the problem of DRM, converting a book with no drm from epub to pdb will not stop the ereader from trying to use the B&N DRM scheme.  Which of course results in the book not opening.

As to the "unable to sync" error, have you tried rebooting the BB after loading the book?  I occasionally get a "media card removed, unable to sync" message after directly adding media to the sd card but rebooting takes care of it.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 188 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: