Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco

Here's how you can solve your sync problems: It's YOUR fault, not B&N

Here's something I noticed about syncing. It works wonders, and the procedure is so easy I hate myselft for not realizing it previously:

So you have one book on lets say Nook for PC where you do some annotations, highlights and such. Then you have Nook for Android, and for some reason the highlights are not there. Right?

Mediocre people use Kindle for syncing, but we're B&N happy customers and we are more intelligent, right?

So… what you have to do is, after syncing the Nook for PC App, you MUST UNISTALL and DELETE ALL DATA from the Android Version, reinstall, redownload, and voilá! Your books are synced!!!! Now, if you read on your Android device, after doing the manual sync (you know, those arrows that revolt), you MUST UNISTALL the Nook for PC app, reinstall, redownload and there is it!!!!

It won't work 100% of the time, but at least is a much more intelligent approach than Kindle's Whispersync or whatever is called. B&N is for intelligent bravado people, Kindle's for wimpies. It's all by design. Yeah. Right.

Frequent Contributor
El_Viejo
0 Kudos

Re: Here's how you can solve your sync problems: It's YOUR fault, not B&N

That is exactly what I had noticed.  It works the first time after installation, but almost never after that.  That should be a good clue for the developers.  I appreciate their effort to make me feel really smart, but my advanced age challenges me already.  :smileymad:

Correspondent
TravP
0 Kudos

I was just having trouble syncing the last saved page between my 1st gen Nook and the iPhone app when I read this post. Then I thought I give it one more try before posting to ask about the problem I was having. I share this anecdote for all who have also been ready to throw their favorite device through the window.  

I hit the reload button on my iPhone app to sync it, then switched to my Nook, hit "Check for new B&N content" in the B&N Library menu.

I opened a book and opened "Preferences" in the menu to make sure I had "Auto Save Page on BN.com" turned on (oddly, this is a global setting--change it for one book, and it changs for all books, but you can only change it within an individual book's menu, not in the library menu).

Finally, I hit "Go To" on the book menu, then selected "Last Saved on BN.com" and you know what it did? It WENT TO THE LAST PAGE SAVED! It was a miracle! Seriously, I was banging my head against a wall, trying to figure out how in the *heck* to get it to sync. Turns out all I had to do was *Read The Frickin' Manual* !!! 

I expected it to be all automatic, but I guess I just had to follow each step. The set up is less than intuitive, but it still works. 

Note: As far as I can tell, my bookmarks & highlights did *not* sync, but I can live without them on every single device. Still, it would be nice to have those sync too.

Frequent Contributor
El_Viejo
0 Kudos

Well, that doesn't work for me (android device).  I am aware of the manual step and it used to work, but stopped somewhere about 2 releases ago.  Funny thing...it works one time.  The first time I have installed the app or sometimes the first time I have tried using it on a newly opened book.  I reported it several times to support prior to release of v3 and they claimed that they were aware of the problem.  I guess that I should have noted that they didn't say that they planned on fixing it.  :smileyindifferent:

New User
mmdh8
0 Kudos

My nook wouldn't sync with my android. I went to my android and refreshed the library. Opened the book in nook and it asked if I wanted to switch to the futhest page. No need to reinstall anything. Not sure why it wouldn't do it without refreshing the android first.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 241 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: