Contributor
readnss
0 Kudos

How do I organize my books?

Was looking for a guide on how to use the app so that I can put my books onto shelves or into folders so that it will be easier to view everything.  I can't find a guide to help.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?  Much thanks!

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Re: How do I organize my books?

Since there are reader versions for multiple computer operating systems (including tablets and phones) and they might not all have the same features you might benefit from identifying which reader application you are using (Windows, Macintosh, I-pad etc).

I don't think the Windows reader application has such capabilities. While I'm not holding my breath, I believe some upgrade work by the development staff would be appropriate. Application spend money on e-books too, and tablets like the I-Pad are just as portable, although a bit bulkier, as the B&N color and tablet models. Netbooks are pretty portable as well. There are even some people don't mind reading on a desktop computer's display.

Contributor
readnss
0 Kudos

Thanks - I am using the Nook for Android app on a tablet.  Is there a guide anywhere that can help me?  It's annoying to have to page through all the books randomly.  Would like to sort by category, shelf, file structure or whatever is available. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

The only sorting offered in the Android app is Title, Author, Recent.  That's it, no shelves, no categories, etc... I doubt BN will ever give the app those abilities.

If you're interested in a more capable program/app for sorting and cataloging your ebooks take a look at Calibre, it's available for the PC and Android.  Google it on the PC, do a search for it in the Market.

Contributor
JustinMeek

The short answer is -- you don't. Even though I have been a big Nook fan for the past year, they have finally turned me away from BN. I really want to remain a loyal customer, but the terrible quality of the iPad app has turned me off. My wife uses the 1st Ed. Nook and she may get a nook tablet, but I will be moving over to iBooks. I am not an apple fan, but the quality of the iBooks app is undeniable. The nook app is not in the same league with either iBooks or the kindle iPad app. I feel like BN has decided they don't really care about app users. So be it. My money spend everywhere.
Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco
0 Kudos

RobertVA:

That's absurd. Any of the OS versions where nook app runs has a filesystem, and even if they hadn't shouldn't be rocket science to imagine how to make your own folders.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 246 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: