New User
Raywilco
0 Kudos

How do I read nook books on my iPad?

I downloaded the Nook app from the B&N website, but when I try to download it, it asks if I want to open in iBooks - no other choice available so I accept.  Now when I try to read it it shows me an error and no words.  Does the same 3-4 pages in - so basically the book is empty.

What is the procedure to download to the iPad?   Or do I need to do it through the itunes program?

Thank you.

Contributor
Renee3000
0 Kudos

Re: How do I read nook books on my iPad?

Mine does the exact same thing!

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

Mine is doing the same thing. 

I spent 45 minutes each time on hold with B&N 3 times in the last 2 days.  They can't help.  I called Apple.  It is a three part app so they can't fix it.  I think it is something in B&N's system of moving to the i-books.  One of the people I talked to this morning downloaded my book to her i-pad and she said it worked.  If anyone has a fix for this can you please let us know?  The guy at Apple said this is a very common thing going on.  Lots of reviews about this same subject.  To wait till next week after the holidays are over and call again and talk to a supervisor.  B&N really needs to do something to fix this.

Frequent Contributor
Nook_IPAD_Reader
0 Kudos

It wasn't that long ago I was in the same predictament!  I did finally figure it out though!  I have copied below the soloution so that you can easily find it from an earlier post on a diffrent discussion!

These are directions to follow after downlaoding!  Do not choose any "open with" selections.  Simply open NOOK on the IPad and do the following.  Once you get the hang of it, the rest is EASY!

You need to open NOOK on your Ipad

Look in the top right corner and there is a "refresh" symbol.  Tap on this symbol.

(this refreshes your library to your current tittles showing any new purchases.)

Your "home page" will reload and show your title with a link to DOWNLOAD.

Tap on this "Download" link and the book will download and automatically load to the first page!

Contributor
Renee3000
0 Kudos

I ended up downloading the bluereader app off from itunes.  I deleted the ibooks and nook application.  When I download (just go directly on safari to bn.com), it asks if I would like to do so to the bluefire reader.  It worked!  I did have to verify with some information, but I have downloaded six of my books so far.  One touch, VERY easy.  I like the way the reader looks, also...full screen, easy turns and bookmarks.  Nice library, but I haven't looked into organizing my books yet.

Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that I understand you correctly... are you saying that you're trying to install the Nook app that you downloaded from the B&N website onto your iPad? If so, that's the problem. The Nook app on the B&N website is for your computer, not your iPad. The Nook app for your iPad has to come from the iTunes Applications store. You can access it from the Applications app on your iPad or the Applications store in iTunes on your computer. The thing is that it has to come from iTunes.

From your iPad, click on the "App Store" icon, and in the search box at the upper right of the screen, type "nook". You should be taken to the screen where you can download the iPad app directly to your iPad.  Alternatively, from iTunes on your computer, go to "Store", then "App Store", type "Nook" into the "search store" search box at the top of the window. Download the Barnes & Noble NOOK app for iPad, then sync your iPad. That should put the app on your iPad.

Once you've got the Nook app on the iPad, open it, and put your account information into the settings window. Now your library should show up and you should be able to download your books to your device. 

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advise on downloading my books.  I get to this point with no problems.  It is after I hit download and try to open my book that all the pages are blank.  I can download the sample just fine.  But to get the whole book doesn't work.

Frequent Contributor
Nook_IPAD_Reader
0 Kudos

There is also a way to unregister/register your NOOK Ap.

I had issues with getting a book loaded this morning for unkonwn reasons.

I unregistered through the nook application by tapping on the top left corner on the main Nook page.  Then I signed back in.  My missing books were there, however I had to download everything again as the message when signing out advised that this would reset to manufacter sttings.

It did not take long to download all my books again.

You are using the app from ITunes Libabry correct?  If not you should resync ipad and uncheck the nook from your list of apps so it will dissappear.  Then in Itunes delete the app and resybch, then go to Itunes APP store for Ipad and download it again and resynch if you accessed from comp and not directly from ipad.  It is a free app there so no cost involved.  I have seen some discussions where the APP on BN.COM does not work on IPAD and shoudl be downloaded directly from Itunes.

New User
terryandjohn
0 Kudos

Thank you!!!!!  It worked!  Happy New Year!

New User
Vllygirl
0 Kudos

Thank you so much...one click...two seconds and it worked!

New User
caitlin24
0 Kudos

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

I had to delete out the IBOOK's app from my IPad to get the B&N books to download.  The books I got from the Apple IBOOK's, I had to move over to my i-tune page to save them.  I can not have both apps on my IPAD for them both to work.

New User
kimmie99
0 Kudos

Help - I've downloaded the Nook for iPad app from the iTunes store and I seem to be having a problem downloading books.  I click on the download, says it's downloading and then stops and the DOWNLOAD appears again as if I never did anything. 

I'd like to use my iPad vs my Nook to read books, there HAS to be away this will work!

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

You need to call Apple and they can talk you thru how to move books from your IBooks Library in to your I-Tunes on the computer. I don't think this will work on the IPad.  You can ask them about that.  Something in the IBooks is over powering all other e-book options and making it the default option.   You need to delete out the IBooks Library off your IPad all together to make the Nook Library work.  Mine did the same thing and after I deleted out the IBooks it works like a charm. 

Good Luck.  It took me 2 months to finally get someone to come to this conclusion.  It took all of about 5 minutes to fix and I was off and reading on the nook app.

Cindy

New User
emlyr
0 Kudos

Thanks - this worked great!

Reader 2
danteBB
0 Kudos

How do I buy a nook book and have it sent to my I pad
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

danteBB wrote:
How do I buy a nook book and have it sent to my I pad

Download the Nook app and log into your bn account.  Go to the BN website, buy the book, open the iPad Nook app.  The book should be there.  If not, make sure wifi is on and tap the sync icon.

Reader 2
danteBB
0 Kudos

New User
JessieJB
0 Kudos

Trying to download nook book to iPad and it keeps telling me sever error. Why?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 258 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: