New User
dca2018
0 Kudos

Iphone app - says book is in "my library", I confirmed purchase but unable to read book

According to "my library" the book I purchased is there but when I select it it just shows the cover of the book with a quick synopsis with a "download" button in the upper right corner.  I hit the download button and all it does is take me back to the "my library" page.  Along with the book I purchased it shows the free books you get with the app.  They all have a green check next to them, including the one I purchased.  I am unable to open any of the free books either.  I've made sure I am signed in and confirmed the book was purchased.  I do not know what else to do.

dca2018

New User
krmnyc
0 Kudos

Re: Iphone app - says book is in "my library", I confirmed purchase but unable to read boo

I have the exact same problem.  I'm still looking for the solution to this - it happened about a week ago for me.

New User
EnderW27
0 Kudos

Re: Iphone app - says book is in "my library", I confirmed purchase but unable to read boo

The same thing as been happening to me.  I click on the book in my library and all I get is a summary.  I hit the download button in the upper right and all it does is kick me back to my library, gives the loading symbol and then the green check.  After I click on book, it just gives me the summary page with the download button still showing.  It is a never ending cycle.  I was able to view one book the first time I used the ereader app but now I keep on getting this error, even with the book I could use the first time.

New User
dca2018
0 Kudos

I have reported the problem through the Iphone app itself but have not heard anything back yet.  If I get time I will try again tomorrow to figure it out.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

We are looking into this for you, but please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support. 

Please let us know if you issue was resolved.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
dca2018
0 Kudos

I deleted the app on my Iphone on Tuesday and reinstalled it today, Friday, May 27th and it worked.  I was asked to "unlock" the book by entering credit card info again.  Hopefully it will continue to behave properly in the future.

Reader
Fireweed52
0 Kudos

Exact same problem - reinstalled app and still doesn't work.

New User
cousett
0 Kudos

Same thing happened to me tried and tried for over an hour and then gave up and downloaded it on the ibooks app so I paid for the book twice and now barnes and noble won't give me a refund for a book I can't read was never able to download. I was so frustrated I deleted the app and until there is an update to the app won't be buying any more ebooks from Barnes and Noble.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@cousett,

Please PM me your account email and a contact phone number so that we can reach out to you.

I have already sent you a PM.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
dragonweyr
0 Kudos

I believe that I had this problem but found that when I went onto my library and clicked on Check ofr new B&N content, my full book usually appeared.  Hope you work it out

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 746 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: