New User
tenebrae_tec
0 Kudos

Iphone nook app "Couldn't get content license"

Hi,

I hope someone can help. I have been reading books on my Ipone occasionally when I forget my Nook at home. I started a new book and am trying to download it to my phone and keep getting the error message "couldn't get content license". It won't load any of my books unless I have previously downloaded the book. I am connected to the internet.

Also, it won't refresh my library. I have purchased new books that won't show up. I have hit the refresh button, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lori

New User
jlranch6
0 Kudos

Re: Iphone nook app "Couldn't get content license"

I've had the same problem & been able to fix it a couple of different ways.  Either turn off my iPhone completely & turn it back on or delete the Nook App & re-install it.  Both of which are annoying!

Reader 2
QueenMummy
0 Kudos

This is my problem also.  At first I had all of the books installed and it was fine but now the book I was reading won't open due to the message "couldn't get content license".  I can read it on my Nook color but not my iPhone Nook app.  Also I bought and downloaded a book two days ago and it showed up in the Nook Color but not the Nook app which has been synched several times.  More than half the books won't open because of that license thing.  Even the Holy Bible!  And not all of my books have shown up either.  HELP!!! Please.

New User
bzygrl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sorry for duplicate post.  I tried to delete, but couldn't.

New User
bzygrl
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.  Try this:  From inside the app, sign out (tap the Nook logo at the top of the screen.  Choose sign out, then choose to reset.)  When you go back into the Nook app, it should now be working properly.

New User
EarhornJones
0 Kudos

Re: iPhone nook app "Couldn't get content license"

In my experience, you can resolve this more easily by forcing the app to close, then reopening it.

1.  Open the Nook App.

2.  Hold down the iPhone power button (the one on top) until the "Slide to power off" screen appears.

3.  Hold down the Home button (the one on the front) until you are taken back to the home screen.  This should take about 10 seconds.

4.  Relaunch the Nook app.

This has always worked for me.  I have several other apps that get "flaky" once in a while, and this seems to fix most of those issues.

Reader 4
CetlinskiL
0 Kudos

This worked for me.
New User
CiCiDeLuca
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, this has been very frustrating and I could not figure out what to do.  You are all awesome.

Happy New Year

New User
Dreamzz
0 Kudos

Thank you Earhorn! After uninstalling and reinstalling the app (tedious and frustrating because it did NOT work) your solution fixed everything! Many Thanks!!!

New User
SharonG711
0 Kudos

Thank you bzygrl. Your suggestion worked perfectly!

New User
guyCS
0 Kudos

u are a genuis and i probly spelled that wronge. :smileyvery-happy:

Reader 4
roseasharron
0 Kudos

had same thing happen with my iPhone now app is gone and trying to download new app for Nook, the only one available is version 4.3 for verizon, my phone is 4.3.10, will i ever be able to the the app on my phone again. Continued to geed message "Couldn't get content license, what the heck does that mean anyway. baffeled
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 206 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: