Reader
judieFL
0 Kudos

Library "Sort by"

When sorting books in 'my library', they are always jumbled.  Why can't we sort according to the same main categories available when searching and shopping?  Set them up the same way they would be in a library or a bookstore....biographies, sports, fiction, childrens, etc.  This is already available in the nook shop, why not our library as well?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Library "Sort by"

@judieFL,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

When you state that sorting books in 'my library' are always jumbled up, can you clarify?  Are you referring to your online library, NOOK, other device ereader...?   What do you mean by jumbled...?

Reader
judieFL
0 Kudos

On the Nook, we can sort  our library by date, author, or title.  I want to be able to sort my books by subject....biographies, classics, thrillers, sports, etc.  These categories are already available in 'search or browse by subject' in the Nook Shop.  That makes sense because that's the way the stores are set up -- by subject.  I want my Library set up the same way.  Sorting by author or title gives me a 'jumbled' list without any connection to the type of book that it is.  Why not let me put all the mysteries in one group, cookbooks in another, classics in another, and so forth.  That way when I look by subject, I only have to look in one place.  I don't have to remember the author or title or date.  Use the same categories in the 'Shop' and apply them to the 'Library'.

Correspondent
bluedaze
0 Kudos

I think what is being desired by most NOOK owners (and mentioned in several places on this blog alone) is the ability to create our own user-defined categories.  In other words, let me create categories that are relevant to the books I have on my NOOK (in the same way I create folders on my laptop). I want categories of Classics, History, Modern Fiction, British Mystery, etc.  We could do this using the keyboard function.  It seems it wouldn't be that difficult to make this possible.  I have 'only' about 100 books on my NOOK, but having to page through all of them can be a bit tedious.    

New User
choff
0 Kudos

I'd love to see the option to sort my books my cover art just like you can do for the purchased books from B&N.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 837 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: