Reader
JonathanSCE
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Menu bar does not auto hide on 2nd gen Nexus 7.

[ Edited ]

When I load a book on the Nook app, it will not hide the menu bar on the bottom of the screen.  It hides some of the text making it imposable to read the book.  It stays on the screen in both portrait and landscape orientation.  I also have tried reinstalling and wiping the app data.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Edit: I am using Android 4.3 and Nook 3.4.0.89

Reader
MegaDude
0 Kudos

Re: Menu bar does not auto hide on 2nd gen Nexus 7.

I'm also having this problem. I contacted support and it didn't get resolved... eventually they stopped responding to emails and just abandoned me. :smileytongue:

It sucks, because I have a decent number of books on the NOOK and I can't read them on my new tablet. Looks like you posted this a few weeks ago and have only recieved silence as a response... hopefully the issue is resolved pretty soon.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

Probably not the answer you want, but Mantano Reader can handle B&N's DRM, and is an excellent epub and PDF reader. I found it easier to just switch software than fight with B&N.

Reader
MegaDude
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that app a try. It's pretty expensive if you want to full featured one, but it might be worth it.
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Well, if less than $10 is expensive, I suppose so. I personally found it well worth the investment. They do have a free version, but it is limited and has ads. (I'll pay a few bucks not to deal with ads.)

Reader
MegaDude
0 Kudos

I think I've bought just about every major reading app for android, and none of them have been that expensive. Anyway, got an update to the app today, and great news! The issue appears resolved!
Reader
JonathanSCE
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah I saw the update too, but sadly I sent my Nexus to be repaired becasue of dust under the glass.  Becasue of that, I could not check if the update fixed the problem.  Thanks for leting me know that it was fixed.

Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 295 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: