New User
NormM
0 Kudos

Missing Punctuation in Desktop eReader 2.1.1.1

Apostrophes and em dashes, and maybe other marks, are missing from view in the book I just bought, Linchpin by Seth Godin. They appear as a space instead, e.g. "doesn't" appears as "doesn t". Any suggestions?

Frequent Contributor
pensivegem
0 Kudos

Re: Missing Punctuation in Desktop eReader 2.1.1.1

Umm, I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can do about that.  It has to do with the way the ebook was formatted.  I've noticed it, too, but I choose not to let it bother me.  It's not so frequent it's distracting.

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

Already discussed as a problem with 2.1.1.  It was working fine before that release.  I rolled mine back to 2.1.0.2.  I still had the install file for that version.

Send the support site an email so they know you are having a problem.  Hopefully a different support team from the NOOK, so they can work on it.

TNS
TNS
0 Kudos

If you previously went through earlier versions of the ereader, you may be able to find the install file for the versions before 2.1.1 in your AppData\roaming\Barnes & Noble\DesktopReader\Updater.  The location of this directory varies depending on your version of Windows.  In windows 7 and I believe Vista its a hidden system directory (so you will have to set options to display all directories) in \users\YourID where yourid is usually the id you use to logon to windows.

Frequent Contributor
belladog
0 Kudos

Sorry to go off topice, I'm just at a loss as to where to find an answer, most topics here seem to be "Nook" related.

So Is there a way to delete/remove books from the "my stuff" folder in the reader software version 2.1.1.1?

Nook Touch, iPad 1
TNS
TNS
0 Kudos

belladog wrote:

Sorry to go off topice, I'm just at a loss as to where to find an answer, most topics here seem to be "Nook" related.

So Is there a way to delete/remove books from the "my stuff" folder in the reader software version 2.1.1.1?

Only way at this time is to manually delete the book and the database.  Then let it rebuild the database.  The databaseis in the hidden appdata directory.  On windows 7 and vista \users\YOURID\AppData\Roaming\Barnes & Noble\DesktopReader\   the  file clientAPI.db

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Missing punctuation is a common factor.  I hope the day will come in the near future when that fault will be eradicated.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 629 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: