New User
Angryone
0 Kudos

NOOK App crashed on iPad mini - only certain books

I just got an iPad mini and I installed the NOOK app.  Most of my books seem to work fine, but one, American Assassin by Vince Flynn, crashed the app.  When I open the book, I get a message stating the book is opening and then the app just crashes and I'm back to my home screen.  I've tried archiving the book and re-downloading it; I've powered down the iPad mini and back on; I removed the app and re-installed it; all to no avail.  After trying all of those steps, its still just that one book that crashes the app.  Any suggestions?

New User
ASCREEN
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK App crashed on iPad mini - only certain books

Same problem with at least one of my books. No fix here but it may be a matter of incompatible technology in the books production and the mini. That's the message I got when trying to load that same book in the iBook app.

New User
lmawhorter
0 Kudos

I am having this same issue using a new Ipad 4 (Retina).  Most books work fine but I have a George R. R. Martin 4 book set that will not open.  And I am 1.5 books into the 4 book set...grrr!  I called the helpline a week ago and they said that there was something that they needed to do on their end to fix it and that I should try again in 2-3 days.  It has now been a week and it is still broke.  B&N needs a way to delete and reacquire books without recharging for them.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

lmawhorter wrote:

I am having this same issue using a new Ipad 4 (Retina).  Most books work fine but I have a George R. R. Martin 4 book set that will not open.  And I am 1.5 books into the 4 book set...grrr!  I called the helpline a week ago and they said that there was something that they needed to do on their end to fix it and that I should try again in 2-3 days.  It has now been a week and it is still broke.  B&N needs a way to delete and reacquire books without recharging for them.

If there's been an update to a book and you archive, sync and unarchive you should get the newest version of the book, assuming they haven't chaned the ISBN.  there should be no need to delete it to get a newer version.  At least that's the way it has worked before.

New User
lmawhorter
0 Kudos

"If there's been an update to a book and you archive, sync and unarchive you should get the newest version of the book, assuming they haven't chaned the ISBN.  there should be no need to delete it to get a newer version.  At least that's the way it has worked before."

I had tried this numerous times...the problem was on B&N's end and the new update to the app (to version 3.3) has resolved the issue.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

There is a new app version that was posted yesterday. The previous app was never tested on the Mini as it was not available when BN wrote the app. The update posted yesterday now states that it is compatible with the Mini.
Contributor
butchBM
0 Kudos

how do i get the nook app on my ipad mini. i am confused, do i go through apple app store or through bn?
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

butchBM wrote:
how do i get the nook app on my ipad mini. i am confused, do i go through apple app store or through bn?

Go to the appstore.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Apple has a closed garden on the iPads and iPod/iPhone, so if you want an app, you must go to the apple app store.
Contributor
butchBM
0 Kudos

Hey Angryone,

I am about to purchase a IPAD Mini.  How do the books look in the nook app.  I hear the words are not clear and look fuzzy.  Any truth to this.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 298 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: