Reader
TaLuvsBurt
0 Kudos

NOOK App on BlackBerry says "This item is not yet supported on this device" for a purchased NookBook

I purchased the Mark Twain Autobiography as a Nookbook from BN.com. I was able to download it to the Nook PC software just fine. But when I try to download it to my Blackberry through the Nook app, I get an error message: "This item is not yet supported on this device". What should I do? Also, if there is not a fix, can I get a refund on the Nookbook, so that I can purchase the hard-cover book in the store? The whole point for me, is to be able to read on the go. If I can't read it on my Blackberry, I'd rather the hard-copy book. Thanks! Krista Lancaster
Frequent Contributor
BellesKH
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK App on BlackBerry says "This item is not yet supported on this device" for a purc

I don't know for certain that this is your problem, but when I experienced the same thing, it was because the book was available in epub format but not the .pdb format that the Blackberry requires. Sometimes the book description will tell you the book is not available for Blackberry/Mac. But sometimes it is either a timing issue (the Patricia Briggs book 'Wolfbane' had a 1 week lag I believe) or maybe an oversight. I would call Barnes and Noble's Nook app support folks and let them know. Most of the time I don't have trouble getting the books in .pdb format, but there are occasional glitches.

Contributor
DAHFAVS
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK App on BlackBerry says "This item is not yet supported on this device" for a purc

I contacted B&N Support and they informed me there are no plans at this time to develop a Nook app for the playbook.  They stated the apps are developed by customer demand.  If enough of us contact support and request the playbook app, we may get it.

New User
vimes101
0 Kudos

Just got the playbook, and was looking forward to reading all my B&N ebooks on it.  I have gone through 4 of the original Nooks in less than 18 months, and every single one of them had a different problem.  I have loved B&N for years, but if they can't get an app for the playbook I will be switching to someone who does for all of my future ebooks.  They also had the worst customer service I've every encountered when it came to the problems with my nook (and the continual replacements about every 4 months).

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

If BN doesn't come with an app for the Playbook, then I will jump ship to someone who does.  I suspect Amazon will have a Playbook app soon.

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

A lot of people have complained about the lack of support for Blackberry.  But B&N doesn't seem to care, I even called there support line and was told that if I wanted complete support I would be better off switching to another type of phone like the IPhone (piece of crap) or some Android based phone.  I was told that development was ongoing but I personally do not believe them. Talk about BS!  Thankfully Calbrie is my friend.

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

I would suppose that you got an $8/hr. customer service rep who could care less about your needs.  The point is, if BN doesn't come with an app for the Playbook, Amazon will.  It will be BN's loss.

I don't like Amazon because of their propietary nature.  But if BN doesn't want to come to the party, then the party will go elsewhere.

New User
JRM_Talus
0 Kudos

I have a BB curve 8900 and I can't read or view a single item from library.  All say "this document is not yet supported on this device" including my WSJ!  What a crock!

Contributor
gryjl
0 Kudos

Hi I just got a new BB torch and downloaded the B&N e-reader app and can down load, open, and read books from my library. I don't know if this is the same thing you are talking about but you might want to try that and see if it works. Its free so wont hurt to try. Hope this helps

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

gryjl wrote:

Hi I just got a new BB torch and downloaded the B&N e-reader app and can down load, open, and read books from my library. I don't know if this is the same thing you are talking about but you might want to try that and see if it works. Its free so wont hurt to try. Hope this helps

Well the problem you are going to find is that although the ereader app works, it is not the B&N Nook app and it is NOT compatible with EPub Ebook format.  So your purchases are going to be hit and miss on whether they will work on your phone or not.  Not all the ebooks available are in the correct format for the ereader app.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 587 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: