Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

NOOK for Android v2.4 Now Available!

We've updated NOOK for Android (v2.4) making it even easier to quickly browse and download the NOOKbook Store with in-app shopping. Browse more than 2 million digital NOOKbooks and more from the NOOK for Android app, and with X simple taps, your title or sample is downloaded and ready to read on your Android smartphone or across the complete line of NOOK devices and software. 

This new version of NOOK for Android also gives you the ability to take notes and make highlights in your NOOKbooks. These highlights and notes will also sync on other NOOK apps and devices.

More information is available at www.bn.com/NOOKforandroid or download the new version from Android Market.

Frequent Contributor
jeffasaul
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK for Android v2.4 Now Available!

This new version constantly Force Closes on my phone (Motorola Droid 1 Android 2.2) whenver I go to open an ebook.  Have uninstalled and re-installed and re-downloaded the ebook.  Ebook works fine on Nook for PC and Nook itself.

Contributor
dclaar
0 Kudos

Ditto on the samsung galaxy tab. Crashes (force closes) as soon as I try to open a book.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

What are the possibilities of ever having the ability to read magazines using the Android app?   I would love that!

►Without order there is chaos◄
Reader 4
sterence
0 Kudos

Same thing is happening on my Motorola Droid 1, Android 2.2. Between this issue and the issues with my nook not updating to 1.5, starting to question whether i should have gone Amazon instead of B&N...

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

The app seems to be working fine on my Droid X.  Maybe it's a memory issue?  I know the X has quite a bit more memory than the original Droid.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

dclaar wrote:

Ditto on the samsung galaxy tab. Crashes (force closes) as soon as I try to open a book.

I have the Samsung Fascinate (which is a Galaxy S phone, not the Galaxy Tab, of course), and it is working fine before and after the update.  I haven't tried the notes/highlights and I'm still reading the same book today that I did prior to the update.  So, I'm glad it isn't a Samsung/Galaxy-wide glitch.

I hope it gets fixed for you soon!

Inspired Contributor
GTech
0 Kudos

I'd like know what the "5 Free Books" are? It lists the app as coming with 5 free books in the app store description, but then I can't find reference to them anywhere else. I sent an email to the developer through Android Market, only to be directed to the page on bn.com to download free NookBooks...

Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Contributor
jeffasaul
0 Kudos

@ Michael-V

Is the Force Close issue reported above for Motorola Droid and Samsung Galaxy Tab being looked at?  I really want to be able to use this app!

Reader
GettingFeisty
0 Kudos

WOW, must not be fixed yet, because I recently purchased the Thunderbolt and downloaded the Nook app as my first app and get constant "forced close" errors.  What a disappointment.  Got this to replace my original nook which I loved until the last software update--now I can't turn it off without it rebooting to the original software.  

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

I've been running this Nook app on my Android Epic (and on Fascinate before that) and have had ZERO problems.  I've actually been shocked at how perfectly it works.  My only complaint is that it won't automatically put the screen to sleep and sometimes I forget and then my battery gets worn down, but I can deal with that.

I really love the way this app works.

Frequent Contributor
Beren
0 Kudos

I quite like the Nook Android app, but this latest update has made it unusable on my LG Optimus T: there's now a header with the title and page number that constantly obscures the first few lines of text. According to the comments on the Android Market, many others are having this problem as well. I would suggest fixing this quickly, since users with this problem will surely be moving to Kindle or other alternatives when they find they can't read books with the Nook software.

Reader
sunnnshin
0 Kudos

Since the last update I cannot use my Nook app on my Droid Incredible. Whenever it tries to sync My Library it force closes.

I can open and read anything I have side loaded, but simply cannot sync with B&N. It gets to the page and downloads all my book covers then closes. I  have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, rebooted hundreds of times. No luck.

I can sync just fine on my Ipod Touch or my Nook reader. Just not this app for my phone. I'm about to give up and just use the Kindle on my phone which I quite annoying since all my books are for the Nook. I guess  I have to change that.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 271 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: