New User
Reine-Marie
0 Kudos

NOOKbook won't download to the nook app on my iPad.

I bought a NOOKbook online, and it won't download to the nook app on my iPad. I got an email from B&N with the link to download. The book shows in my NOOK library, but it won't download. I checked all the FAQ's, but nothing helped. I contacted the help by the online email and was told to check the FAQ's. Can anyone please help me with this?
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKbook won't download to the nook app on my iPad.

Can you be more specific with regards to it not downloading?  Do you receive an error message? What does it state?

New User
tjones39
0 Kudos

I'm having this same error. 

I have purchased the book on my PC and when I go to download the book on my iPad it times out after several minutes giving me a bogus message about my device not being connected to the internet.

It's getting very frustrating.

New User
tjones39
0 Kudos

Here spefically is my the error message:

Download

Please be sure that you have internet connectivity and try again.

New User
Raywilco
0 Kudos

I was having a similar problem, but not able to read the books after downloading.  B&N Tech Support said that YOU MUST download the App through itunes app store, and not from their web page.  Tech Support said that doing it this way turns on certailn things in the software, and turns of other specific.  Also, the latest version of NOOK App has only been tested up to OS 4.0 (I have 4.2 - which is the most current).

So I would un-install the nook app, and re-install from itunes and see if that works.

Good luck.

New User
Kyana_96
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem on my internet tablet. I downloaded the nook app and the books show in my library, but when i try to dowload my books I get the message "error downloading."

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Kyana_96,

Was your issue resolved?  If not, please contact CS.

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.  Please let us know if your issue was resolved.

New User
lovingbooks

I am having similar problems. Also, when I try to download a book I've purchased, it insists on downloading into my 'ibook' library. Once in that program, the book is empty. Is there a way to change the settings to have my BN books load in my Nook App? I thought all BN books automatically downloaded into Nook App?
New User
PivotPoint
0 Kudos

I also had all the same problems listed for this post.  By turning off the iPad, they were resolved however, so I recommend a power off.

New User
pflowers
0 Kudos

The off and back on worked to fix this problem on my ipad also.

Reader
BookLoverMV
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKbook won't download to the nook app on my iPad or iPhone!

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue.  My error message on both my iPad and iPhone reads:

We're sorry.  A server error has occured. Please try again later.

I have turned both devices on and off.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the Nook app, archived and unarchived the books, and ensured that I have a viable WiFi connection.  I have also logged in and out of the Nook app on both devices.  I contacted customer service and repeated all of the steps above and still the books will not download.  They told me it was an issue with the device and that I would need to contact Apple.  If the error says it's a server error I don't think it's an Apple issue.  This has been an ongoing issue for 2+ weeks.

I currently have 150+ books in my library and will want a full refund for all of them if I cannot read them on my devices.  

Anyone figured out how to resolve this issuse?

Wordsmith
Tim40744

Re: NOOKbook won't download to the nook app on my iPad or iPhone!

BookLoverMV wrote:

I am having the same issue.  My error message on both my iPad and iPhone reads:

We're sorry.  A server error has occured. Please try again later.

I have turned both devices on and off.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the Nook app, archived and unarchived the books, and ensured that I have a viable WiFi connection.  I have also logged in and out of the Nook app on both devices.  I contacted customer service and repeated all of the steps above and still the books will not download.  They told me it was an issue with the device and that I would need to contact Apple.  If the error says it's a server error I don't think it's an Apple issue.  This has been an ongoing issue for 2+ weeks.

I currently have 150+ books in my library and will want a full refund for all of them if I cannot read them on my devices.  

Anyone figured out how to resolve this issuse?

You have two different devices with the exact same error message and the answer is that it's device-related? The odds of that would be...remote. I suggest that you PM BN_AlexG and see if he can find a solution for you.

Reader
Emmeo626
0 Kudos

Did you change your password? You might have to delete the nook app from your iPad, re-install it, and log back in with your new password. This happened to me after i changed my password. Once I changed it, it was fine. But if you're actually getting error messages, it could be a different issue.

Hope this helped!

New User
Sandi63
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem downloading books from my friends nookbook account onto my ipad.  I called the help line referenced above and they were able to get it working.  Basically, I deleted the nook app that I had downloaded off my ipad.  Then I clicked on my apps icon on the ipad and reloaded the nook for ipad application.  When I sign onto the nook application I used the ID and password provided by my friend for his account.  Everything synced up and I was able to see all of the books in his librarary and download the book I want to read.  You do have to resync if they buy new books or you will not see them. The tech line was great.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 209 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: