nmt
Reader 2
nmt
0 Kudos

Nook App for PC does not work

I have downloaded Nook App for PC and have not been able to open any of the books in My Library.

Books will download, but  it downloads with ePub.v1.epub extension and asks if i want to save it or find a program online to open it. 

Why should I have to find another program to open it? Shouldn't Nook for PC open it?

Wordsmith
Michael-V

Re: Nook App for PC does not work

Click on browse, click on the Barnes & Noble folder, click on BN Desktop reader folder, and choose the program there.  Make sure to check off "Always use the selected program..."

New User
dfranleger
0 Kudos

I have done as suggested Michael and my library will still not show on the PC Nook App. I have had numerous issues with my Nook. Not being able to use the pc software as advertised. The WiFi connection never works at home even with doing all the suggestions from tech support and now my library will not show up as advertised in the PC software...very dissapointed with Nook thus far

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

For B&N library stuff don't manually download the books.  Let Nook for PC do that.

For non-B&N books.  Open Nook For PC, My Stuff.  Click the Add New Item and locate the book in the directory you downloaded it to.  It will copy the book into its directory and add it to the "my Stuff" shelf.  If the book has ADOBE DRM you will have used Adobe Digital Editions at least once and authorized your PC. 

On first install, reinstall it is possible to bulk load the books, but that requires the PC database to be completely rebuilt.  I think someone said they fixed that, but haven't tried it yet.

New User
swhipkey
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I have uninstalled the Nook for PC app, turned off my firewall, reinstalled it, refreshed it, and still it doesn't show any of my books I have purchased on the Nook Color. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

New User
mlouie
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem but so far no luck fixing it

New User
kip717
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Let me join the club. I have epub books that I have downloaded and put in "My Files" on my Nook,  but I can't get them to show up in my Nook for PC app., even with a direct usb connection.

I don't have a "My Stuff" tab on my Nook for PC. I did re-install the app. last night but stil doesn't work.

So.... what next???

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

kip717 wrote:

Let me join the club. I have epub books that I have downloaded and put in "My Files" on my Nook,  but I can't get them to show up in my Nook for PC app., even with a direct usb connection.

I don't have a "My Stuff" tab on my Nook for PC. I did re-install the app. last night but stil doesn't work.

So.... what next???

Not sure I completely understand, " but I can't get them to show up in my Nook for PC app., even with a direct usb connection".  Direct USB connect to what?  To have your files in Nook for PC they have to be on your computer in the My Barnes & Noble eBooks folder.  You should be able to click on the sync button in Nook for PC, and assuming you are logged into your account, it should download the books to the correct folder.

The My Stuff "tab" is directly under the Archive tab.  Don't know why you wouldn't have one.  Do you see the My Library, All Items, ebooks, etc tabs on the left?

Inspired Contributor
RVnook
0 Kudos

I have, perhaps, the opposite problem. When I open nook for PC, it appears all of my ebooks are there and I can open them. What I cannot seem to do is actually download a copy to my computer, Every time I try, I get a message saying: "This file has already been added to your library. (Download: 1013)". But the books are not in the folder where they are supposed to be downloading to.

I will say that I am running nook for PC on Linux using WINE. It always worked before, so I'm not sure what is happening now. According to nook for PC, I have 128 ebooks, but in the folder, there were only 42 files.

I recently got a new laptop and installed nook for PC on it. It no longer works as it used to. I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?

New User
justinsands
0 Kudos

Every time I try to use Nook for PC I get this error when signing on:

We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time - Please try again later. (Sign in: 1025).

I have been getting this for 4 months! (I downloaded the app when I bought my Nook Color after Christmas). EXTREMELY frustrated with B & N's tech support! I've called them and they told me to uninstall and then reinstall the app and I've done that over seven times. This also causes syncing issues with my Nook Color.

Can anybody help?

Inspired Contributor
RVnook
0 Kudos

Well, I uninstalled and the redownloaded and reinstalled and it worked for me to download my Barnes & Noble eBooks. The odd thing I noticed, though, is that some of the authors are mixed up. For instance, Anthony Powell is listed as the author of Little Women and Jane Austen is listed as the author of Grimm's Fairy Tales. I noticed the same thing before I uninstalled and reinstalled. The difference now is that I seem to be able to download the eBooks.

Any ideas as to what is causing the jumble or how to fix it? Thanks.

Reader 2
grammy1IH
0 Kudos

trying to connect from NOOKcolor to my PC

New User
Mike_Benton
0 Kudos

I've been having this problem with Nook for PC for at least 6 months. There are no answers online. Chat/email support tells me to call. I'm sorry but I don't have time during the day to call. It should be something that can be easily spelled out in a forum.

Where is the support?

New User
scotch34
0 Kudos

I am having the same issues but using an XP laptop. same error and all. it appears my books are there but cannot access them. I try to click on now reading tab and nothing happens. guess i'll find a different ereader if I can't access my books after i download them.

New User
KIMMY98
0 Kudos

Try Nook Study. Not to mention the great features :smileyvery-happy: just don't forget to add the app on your firewall exceptions.

New User
eap62
0 Kudos

I have the same problem and Tech support had no idea how to solve it- I think the update must not be working with some computers.  I even bought a book to see if it wouold show up and nothing.  B&N- you really have a problem here..

Inspired Contributor
robertVA

For the following procedure make sure you keep the old "ClientAPI.db" file in some manner in case the procedure doesn't work. You have the choice of moving the file to another folder or renaming it. IF the procedure doesn't work you then have the option to copy the file back to the original location or rename it back to the original name and extension as appropriate. You might  have to set you Windows OS to show hidden files and folders.

1. Close the B&N readder application if it is running.
  2. Explore "My Computer" and expand the "\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Barnes & Noble\BNDesktopReader"  folder (substitute you Windows OS log in name for the "...").
  3. Rename the "ClientAPI.db" file or move it to another folder That's an upper case "i" following the "P")
  4. Start the B&N reader application again. Without any on screen notification it should generate a new "ClientAPI.db" file.
  5. While viewing the "my library" tab click the sync button on the B&N reader's tool bar. This doesn't actually download  the ePublications you bought from B&N, but it should make a list of them appear on the various tabs under "my library" (I haven't purchased any newspapers or magazines).

You might have to click a button on the tool bar to make the ePubs appear as a single column list. Click the option button on each ePub's listing and click the button to download the ePublication. You'll have to repeat for each ePublication you bought from B&N. Once you download the ePublications with the reader application you could copy them to your hardware Nook or third party device running a B&N reader application, but I would only recommend that if you aren't able to download the ePublications directly to the portable device or you insist on them residing on a removable microSD card.

Once you've downloaded each individual ePublication with the reader the "download" button will be replaed with a "remove local copy" button.

Don't click on ePublications in Windows Explorer to read the ePublication. Open the B&N reader application and open your ePublications from the reader application.

New User
mtjm53
0 Kudos

This tip did the trick. Thanks!
New User
Printelf
0 Kudos

I agree I use it for reference books for my job and when I need to access I NEED TO ACCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

New User
Highlander2000ad
0 Kudos

Even if I had to point the Nook  program to the right book... well that would be fine if the program would let me.  It shows no control to find anything....

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 679 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: