Frequent Contributor
KD67

Nook Application for Blackberry?????

I would really like to know why the hell every damn device under the sun has a Nook app and is getting an update, but when it comes to the Blackberry......what are we just screwed or what....not everyone wants to be stuck owning a POS iphone or ipad or whatever.  I have a Blackberry, its a smartphone so why the heck am I stuck with the out of date e-reader application instead of getting a current version of the Nook app for blackberry.  It sure as heck isn't because of the android OS, cause not all the devices that have the nook app have the android OS......I would really love an answer, but I seriously don't think that I will get one.  Unless it is a smartass answer from someone who has no clue.

Sorry folks but I find it very frustrating that the Blackberry gets NO support.

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Application for Blackberry?????

I've given up on my WinMo phone getting an app at all.

Reader 4
drewsmommy

I totally agree. I would love to be able to sync books on my Nook with my Blackberry. And I don't understand why Blackberry is stilled called the ereader app when every other device is getting the Nook name and receiving updates. Glad to know I'm not alone.

New User
Jeditojan
0 Kudos

Follow these instruction for how to get a free eReader for you BlackBerry from B&N.

Go to this link for information on how to get an eReader from B&N

New in Version 1.0.7
  • Online Library can now access an unlimited number of books.
  • Includes memory checks to warn customers of limited space on device.
  • The help button now correctly displays the help file.
You must install the B&N eReader for BlackBerry directly from your device's built-in browser. The easiest method is to go to bn.com from your phone. Once you are on the site, click the link "Download free B&N eReader App."
IMPORTANT: We do not currently support LendMe™ technology, eNewspapers and eMagazines on the Blackberry device. Stay tuned for our next upgrade that will include these features and many more!
Frequent Contributor
KD67

Jeditojan wrote:

Follow these instruction for how to get a free eReader for you BlackBerry from B&N.

Go to this link for information on how to get an eReader from B&N

New in Version 1.0.7
  • Online Library can now access an unlimited number of books.
  • Includes memory checks to warn customers of limited space on device.
  • The help button now correctly displays the help file.
You must install the B&N eReader for BlackBerry directly from your device's built-in browser. The easiest method is to go to bn.com from your phone. Once you are on the site, click the link "Download free B&N eReader App."
IMPORTANT: We do not currently support LendMe™ technology, eNewspapers and eMagazines on the Blackberry device. Stay tuned for our next upgrade that will include these features and many more!

Are you kidding me?  Did you even bother to read the first post listed?  We have the bloody ereader app version 1.0.7 for the Blackberry you moron, but it no longer supports most new ebook purchases.  Before you post you should really read what you are posting to.  We can purchase new ebooks with the ereader just fine but we are not able to download and read them from the ereader for the Blackberry.

New User
Geeeyejo

Wow - what a douche you are KD67 - I guess everyone does not have your superior level of reading comprehension - bet you scored a 1600 on your SATs, huh?  Quit crying and buy a Nook...

New User
Trep2011
0 Kudos

KD67 may have used harsh language but, he is fundamentally correct about the app for Blackberry no longer supporting new books.

It is annoying to be able to buy a book using a Blackberry and then be unable to actually read it.

New User
MarioS
0 Kudos

Actually, if you want to update to a newer Blackberry, like the Bold 9650, the app is not available at all. I can not download it from the bn website, nor have any of the other mirrored sites I've found work.

Why is the Blackberry being shit on?

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

MarioS wrote:

Actually, if you want to update to a newer Blackberry, like the Bold 9650, the app is not available at all. I can not download it from the bn website, nor have any of the other mirrored sites I've found work.

Why is the Blackberry being shit on?

Because Android is now the goto OS.

New User
creedyrn
0 Kudos

I just got the email today--WTF?  My BB is my only internet access.  This totally stinks.  Crackberry forums is blowing up over this.  I say we bombard BN w/emails/calls/snail mail protesting this ludicrous decision.  And if they choose not to continue support, I MOST DEFINITELY WONT be getting a Nook!  I've been trying to save up for one, and using my BB in the meantime.  I've spent quite a bit of money w/BN on ebooks, sad it appears to all be wasted. I'll get a different ereader if they don't continue BB support.  I LOVE my BB, I don't like Mac/Apple, and don't plan to switch (unless RIM does end up going under, hope to heck they don't).   And was anyone here able to figure out how to "sideload" your books onto your BB?  I found NO information from the links provided in the email, other than to DL to PC, which I do not have.  I did see a few people recommend saving to SD card, but I've got way too much for that.

Reader 4
drewsmommy
0 Kudos

I have a Nook, but when it comes time to replace it, I'll most likely be getting a kindle. No B&N app for the Blackberry playbook plus this stupid crap with the blackberry app has just soured me on B&N. I just don't get it, and now they won't be getting my money. I love my Blackberry, and I do not want an apple or android phone and I don't plan to get one. Likewise, I will patronize businesses who don't go out of their way to pretend Blackberry doesn't exist.

I attempted to sideload a book to my phone app last night, and it didn't work. The email said October 5th, so I'm wondering if they are going to do some kind of update between now and then to make this work.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

This message has been removed due to violation of our Community Guidelines.

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

This is terrible.  I know that the Kindle app for Blackberry syncs everything.

If BN keeps this up, it's Kindle Fire for me.  I depend on my Blackberry when I'm traveling.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

The only thing that is going on save RIM is a transition to running Android, if they can hold on that long.

New User
MabutoK
0 Kudos

If anyone is out there, I've been a huge B&N supporter since mom & pop bookstores went the way of the dinosaurs... at least there was ONE company out there who actually gave a (little bit of a) damn about books, reading, and about keeping up to date with new technological advances.

I bought one of the FIRST Nooks, have ALWAYS referred people to the B&N Nook family instead of the Amazon mega-giant's original, bland, Kindle.

I had planned to purchase either the new touchscreen Nook or the Nook Color within the next few months.

However, I also recently bought a BB Torch 9810, LOVE the phone, it is amazing (wish it had more support, of course), and have been "using" the B&N eReader App that works for about 20% of the books that I've purchased...  Then I get an e-mail from B&N saying they will be discontinuing almost all service to the BlackBerry??

I am now planning to buy a Kindle, will stick with Amazon (cheaper and you can buy Christmas presents, groceries, electronics, etc. online as well) and use the Kindle App for BB...  Thanks for the lack of support, lack of explanations, and the lack of class, Barnes & Noble.  Anytime I want a book from now on, it will be Books a Million or ANY other bookstore than yours; I will make a concerted effort to drive out of my way to avoid your store.

Sincerely,

A disillusioned, once-proud, ex- supporter of Barnes & Noble

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

I too will be heading to a Kindle over this.  Barnes and Noble chooses to neglect a large portion of their customers who use Blackberries.  

Frequent Contributor
BellesKH
0 Kudos

I never received an email from B&N about discontinuing Blackberry support. IF I had I might have  stocked up. On Oct 5 and Oct 7 I bought books that specifically indicated they are Blackberry compatible. I checked today and they STILL claim to be Blackberry compatible. When I tried to download them today I discovered they are not in my library. These are not brand new books, they were published last year and the pdb versions of them exist. They just aren't making them available anymore as far as I can determine.The customer support folks tried very hard to fix the problem on my end before finally deducing that the problem was at their end. I don't know whether this includes all publishers. They seemed uncertain about that, but my guess is that it does. What a sad day for someone who has been buying these books since the early days of Peanut Press.

New User
KJinMASS
0 Kudos

Wow!!! I can't believe it.  I ordered 2 books from bed this morning at 4am to read on my day off.  I ordered them on my blackberry and tried to figure out why I couldn't read them for HOURS.  I never received and email and even so, if you buy an online book, you should be able to read it.  If they are doing this to booster nook sales, they played the wrong girl.  I will NEVER buy another book from Barnes and Noble.  They are CROOKS, not NOOKS!  Shocking business practice.  Again, all I can say is WOW...

I even figured my software might be out of date.  They let me download the same version of the barnes and noble ereader for blackberry today.  Even though the books I bought can't be seen by it!?  Are you kidding me?

Then I went to ereader.com and downloaded their software.  Went back to barnesandnoble.com on my BB and had to click at the bottom to get back to the PC version (because all of a sudden it realized I was a mobile device or BB and now I can't even see my library!!) OMG!

Then it made me download flash software (again, to my BB) to even see m books.  I did that download and it errored out saying it was not available for my device. Oh yeah, no flash on the BB. 

So it won't let me see the books I PAID FOR, but it WILL let me see more books I can buy from my BB and NOT BE ABLE TO READ.  Someone at the top should be fired for this.  You don't treat customers this way.

So I went on my PC, emailed myself the book, opened the email on my BB, saved it down to my ereader directory and tried to open  it with my new ereader.com app.  That didn't work either (do I have to rename it?  Unbelievable that I should have to do all that to read something I purchased fair and square.  I may make it a goal to see Barnes and Noble go the way of BORDERS! HAHAHAHA LMAO.

Karen Johnson

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

I totally agree with your frustration.  My next ereader will NOT be a BN Nook.  

This is a detestable business practice.  BN is just shooting themselves in the foot.

New User
sheshe360
0 Kudos

So I got the same email today after buying a book last week and not getting it. The email says I need to side-load it. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I have tried and it doesn't work. I have a Blackberry Torch 9800. If I can't get my book I hope they reimburse me. I will be putting a Kindle Fire on my Christmas list this year!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 546 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: