New User
Tasha_Lynn
0 Kudos

Nook Kids for iPad App Crashes on iPad3

I have the Nook Kids for iPad app installed on my iPad3.  Until a couple of weeks ago, it has worked fine.  I purchased 3 new books at that time for my kids: My Little Pony: a Wedding in Canterlot, The Night Before Christmas and Tangled Ever After Read-Along Storybook.  If I open any of these three, I can read them exactly one time.  The minute I choose to go back to the library, the app crashes.  If I try to reopen the app, it looks like it is going to start loading and then immediately closes.  The only way around this that I have found is to uninstall the app and reinstall it.  Then I have to re-download all of my books.  I have to download them all at once (literally click on each one in so they download in a chain).  If I download one at a time, the downloaded book automatically opens and then the app crashes.  So basically, I have to uninstall and reinstall any time I want to read a book to my kids.

I read the app reviews and someone indicated a 'fix' supposedly exists, but I haven't been able to find anything on this subject.  Emails to customer service initially resulted in a couple of ideas (none of which worked) and then have resulted in silence for 2 or 3 days.  It's a shame because this app has worked beautifully until now.  I have used it since the move to the new version of iOS, so I'm not sure if that caused the problem or not.  The problem seemed to be introduced by the new books I purchased.

Inspired Correspondent
EarthTiger13
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Kids for iPad App Crashes on iPad3

I'm having the exact same problem with my daughter's iPad 2. It worked fine until I downloaded a couple books that my son had read. No issues with said books on other devices. Nook Kids just will not open.

[singing] The wonderful thing about tiggers / Is tiggers are wonderful things / Their tops are made out of rubber / Their bottoms are made out of springs / They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun / But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one / IIIII'm the only one! [growls] ~ Tigger
Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Hi there, you are kinda in the wrong forum, please repost this in this forum for the best result:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Kids/bd-p/NOOKkids

Inspired Correspondent
EarthTiger13
0 Kudos

No, I believe I am in the correct forum. This is the app support forum, and I need help with an app problem. But thanks anyway.

[singing] The wonderful thing about tiggers / Is tiggers are wonderful things / Their tops are made out of rubber / Their bottoms are made out of springs / They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun / But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one / IIIII'm the only one! [growls] ~ Tigger
Reader
BookLvr89
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem with the regular nook app on my iPad. Really not happy. Every time I try to open a book the app closes. I've deleted and reinstalled several times. It works a couple times and I'm right back where I started from. No excuses for this IMHO.
New User
Ruthven
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with Nook Kids app on my iPad mini. I downloaded the app so that I could read The Hobbit 75th Anniversary Edition, but every time I try to open the book, the app crashes. 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 71 members 1,067 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: