Frequent Contributor
El_Viejo
0 Kudos

Nook, Nook for PC, Nook for Android - Page Sync Not Working

I don't use the page synchronization capabilities of the Nook and it's siblings much since I read mostly on the nook.  However, since installing the newest version of Nook for Android, I can't get anything to sync.  Anyone else having a problem?  In the past, it worked sometimes and not worked sometimes, probably due to B&N servers not functioning.

Contributor
djs71a
0 Kudos

Re: Nook, Nook for PC, Nook for Android - Page Sync Not Working

Yes, I have the same problem and so far no solution. I am still debating on whether to use Nook or Kindle as my primary eReader app. So far the Kindle is winning because I have NO syncing problems with it (between my Android phone and PC / cloud reader).

Frequent Contributor
El_Viejo
0 Kudos

There were 2 updates this morning, one for android (2.7.2.12) and one for PC (2.5.5.8763).  I downloaded and installed both.  A cursory check indicates that I can sync between my nook FE and the PC but could only sync once between nook and nook android on my Incredible 2.  It seems that the sync works the first time after a re-install but does not work after that.

My daughter now has 4 kindles (one for each member  of the family) and they all like them.  I mostly like the nook FE, but have had syncing issues a number of times during the nook android has been developed.  I may have given up my virginity too quickly to B&N.  I'm pretty well commited now.  :-|

New User
redneck4Christ
0 Kudos

Technical difficulties -- that seems to be the name of the game at B & N.  I have been using the Kindle apps for well over a year and all my devices sync well. I tried to order a Nook Tablet but had to come back the next day due to ...wait for it...technical difficulties. I came back the next day and shipping was added when it was supposed to be free -- technical difficulties.  So I asked for tech support.  Their answer was to wipe all cookies off my computer and try again.  Instead, I decided to buy a used Nook but stumbled across a deal from B & N on eBay.  I made the purchase but noticed they overcharged me for state taxes -- more technical difficulties. 

I started reading my first B & N eBook on my android phone last night and checked to see if my Nook for PC would sync to my last read page -- nope, technical difficulties.

Distinguished Correspondent
Gtriever
0 Kudos

R4C, that pretty much sums it up. And, that's the reason I, as a user, have decided to say "Bye-Bye" to any more NOOK hardware. It's a shame, since I've been a loyal user since the first Nook came out and have owned several of every model right up to the NST. But with the latest fiasco with the NT, it's driven me to change my mind about any future purchases. I can do everything and more with Android Tablets running the Nook App, and just discovered a marvelous Win 7 tablet. So, "Bye, Nook... it's been (not) so fun..."

PS) Before anybody jumps in with "What about in-store browsing", my nearest B&N is over 1-1/2 hours away. Because of that, the in-store feature makes no difference to me.

New User
redneck4Christ
0 Kudos

Correction to my tail of woe.  B & N charged the correct amount of tax.  Their auction page only listed the tax percentage for my state.  But there ended up being additional local taxes I should have known about.

Overall, it was a good eBay experience.

New User
RidleyWalker
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem between the NookColor and my Android phone: No markup data (reading position, highlighting, notes, etc.) would sync between the Nook and the Nook for Android app on the phone. 

However, I do not believe this is an issue with Nook hardware. I'm currently using my NookColor as a pure Android tablet (Cyanogen v.7), and have found that it will only sync reading position from the phone, not from the tablet. (However, it does appear to syn other markup data both ways.)

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 1,316 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: