New User
aquabp
0 Kudos

Nook PC Closing the program.

When I try to close the Nook on my PC I get the following error message: We are sorry but this Barnes and Noble application has encountered a problem and needs to close (Code: 008). Would you like to restart the application.

I have reinstalled the program and that does not seem to have had any success. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

New User
travistodd
0 Kudos

Re: Nook PC Closing the program.

I get the same thing when I am just changing to another page. It encounters a problem and shuts down. I can have it re-start but when I go back to the page I was reading and then start to flip through the pages, it shuts down again!

Isn't therre any tech support out there from B&N to solve this issue??

New User
travistodd
0 Kudos

I just tried something... I have dual monitors where I have my laptop and connected a second monitor. I moved the nook app to the remote monitor and this problem began. So, I moved the nook app back to my laptop and now it works and so far has not shut down.

If you have the nook application running on a remote monitor, that may be the cause. I will post again if I re-incounter this problem from my laptop.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

No, that isn't what is causing it, something is wrong with the updates as this is what has been happening on my Laptop since the last update.

travistodd wrote:

I just tried something... I have dual monitors where I have my laptop and connected a second monitor. I moved the nook app to the remote monitor and this problem began. So, I moved the nook app back to my laptop and now it works and so far has not shut down.

If you have the nook application running on a remote monitor, that may be the cause. I will post again if I re-incounter this problem from my laptop.

New User
krahr91
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.  Every time i close NOOK for PC, it comes up w/ that error(code 008), and offers to restart.

2011-09-27 17:17:03.00334000 ERROR [ClientApi.cpp:60] ==============================================
2011-09-27 17:17:40.00505000 ERROR [ClientApi.cpp:107] BNClient::smileytongue:roduct:26
2011-09-27 17:17:46.00889000 ERROR [ClientApi.cpp:60] ==============================================

Frequent Contributor
readley
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem. I'm searching the boards hoping that someone has posted a fix, but so far I haven't found one. It's disappointing to see that this problem has been around for so long.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 63 members 464 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: