Frequent Contributor
DJ_Boxer
0 Kudos

Nook and Blackberry Playbook?

I am wondering if there is going to be a Nook reader app for the Blackberry Playbook when it comes out later this year?  I know QNX is a new operating system but the SDK has been out for several months.

DJ

New User
madcorgi
0 Kudos

Re: Nook and Blackberry Playbook?

Yes, please release a Nook app for the PlayBook.  I'm getting my PlayBook in a month and want it to be the perfect companion with my e-Ink Nook.

Anyone from B&N know if an app is in the works?

New User
jenkiaw
0 Kudos

Add another vote for a Nook for Playbook app.  Once I get my playbook, my wife is taking over control of our nook.

I know that the Playbook comes the Kobo reader but I would rather use Barnes and Noble for all my eBooks.

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

Another vote here for a Nook app for the Blackberry Playbook.  I'm getting mine soon, and absolutely need this app.

Are you listening BN?

Reader 4
drewsmommy
0 Kudos

I have preordered my Playbook and would really love a Nook app on it! I have the B&N ereader app on my Blackberry, and would prefer an app that can sync with my Nook. Also, some of the Nookbooks that I've bought from B&N won't download to the app on my Blackberry.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Isn't the Playbook supposed to run Android Apps too. Wouldn't that solve any problems? 

New User
DrewCPU
0 Kudos

The PlayBook will run Android apps... eventually.  I'd much rather be able to read my books on my PlayBook right away when I'm away from my e-ink nook.

I'd also loke a real nook app for my BlackBerry instead of the B&N e-reader that doesn't keep my place, but I'll settle for the PlayBook app.

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

Will we have this app on the April 19th release date?

Correspondent
lindajm22
0 Kudos

Ohhhh...a BlackBerry PlayBook app request thread!  I was coming here to make my own thread about this if I didn't find anything. 

My PlayBook is being delivered in two days and I would LOVE an app to be able to access my B&N library.  I read primarily on my Nook classic but would use a PlayBook app too.

Is there anyone at B&N who could please let us know if this is at least something being considered?  I could post a link to this at crackberry.com if it would be helpful :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

We are counting on BN to have a Nook app for the Playbook on April 19.  Thanks for keeping this alive.

I hope that BN is listening to us.  I would bet that Kindle has their app available.  And yes, we need a REAL app, not the BN Reader.

Reader 4
drewsmommy
0 Kudos

I have received my Playbook, yet there is no sign of a Nook app on the Horizon. I really,really want a Nook app. To be fair, the only ereader app I've found so far is Kobo, but why all the Nook love for IOS and Android but not Blackberry?
Inspired Correspondent
MattFL
0 Kudos

They probably would have to either take people off IOS, Android, and Windows development, hire someone, or contract out to do Playbook. Blackberry hasn't exactly been at the top of everyone's list lately.

Maybe they're waiting to see how Playbook does before making a commitment.

Correspondent
flfarber
0 Kudos

Just got my Playbook and it is a great pieceof hardware but needs a Nook app. Just another vote.

New User
MEBReader
0 Kudos

Count me in as well.  I am surprised that B&N is not ahead of the curve on this.  I have my Playbook and no Nook reader.  When should we expect to see one?

New User
reb0957
0 Kudos

Yes, We really need a Nook app for the Blackberry Playbook. Is anyone in B&N listening?

New User
lorensimon
0 Kudos

I can't wait to see nook on my playbook, anyone listening?

New User
JDB111
0 Kudos

Yes please, we need a nook reader for Playbook! Much appreciated.

Contributor
DAHFAVS
0 Kudos

I agree.  I weant the Nook app for the playbook. The Nook app is the only thing keeping me from buying the Playbook now.  Please hurry up and develop the app B&N!: Or if you are not going to develop a Nook app for playbook, at least let us know.

New User
veldacy1
0 Kudos

+1 for a playbook nook app. This shouldn't be too hard. I'll beta test!

Contributor
DAHFAVS
0 Kudos

contacted Nook B&N support regarding a Nook app for the playbook and was informed there is no Nook app for playbook planned at this time.  They said they develop apps according to the number of requests received.  If enough of us contact B&N support to request the Nook app for the playbook, maybe we'll get it.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 1,108 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: