Reader
crunchyroll
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook android app has to reload every time I go back into app

Hi. I've been using the Nook app on my android smartphone (Motorola Atrix 2) and every time I start the app, it takes a few seconds to load and then I have to choose which book I want to read. If I leave the app to go do something else like make a call or text someone and then go back into the Nook app, it's like it is reloading the app all over again because the Nook logo appears and then I have to click the book again to read it. On my husband's iPhone, I'm able to leave the app and when I click the Nook app again, it goes straight back into the book I was reading. My android phone never did this. It always has to "reload" the app and then I have to select the book to start reading it again. Is this normal behavior for all android devices or is it just my phone? Thanks. Vicki
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: Nook android app has to reload every time I go back into app

The same thing happens on my Nexus 4. However, to get around this behavior, instead of relaunching the app, I touch the recent apps button (the overlapping rectangles on the bottom of the screen) then select the nook app from there. That takes me back where I was in the book/magazine.

Reader
crunchyroll
0 Kudos

Re: Nook android app has to reload every time I go back into app

Thanks for your response.  I had been meaning to reply back and let you know that I've been using your method of recent apps to get back into book.  Unfortunately, even on the new android phone I got, I don't seem to be able to just click the Nook app and get right back into where I was.  So the recent apps has helped out a lot and saves time.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Hopefully your suggestion will help others experiencing this same issue and hopefully Barnes & Noble will work on getting the app to where we can just go right back into the book we were reading.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 670 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: