New User
mgarsal
0 Kudos

Nook app asking to sign up but fails to connect to B&N site

Nook app asking to sign up but fails to connect to B&N site, this all of a sudden while I was happy reading my book...why ask to conect??...what if I'm o a plane?,I need the app to let me access my books offline!!. went to the website and there is an error as well and won't load any book

Reader 2
lilygh
0 Kudos

Re: Nook app asking to sign up but fails to connect to B&N site

Same here. Connection not working on nook or android app. Internet is fine on other devices. Deregistered and tried to register, but same problem with the wifi connection. Tried manually entering IP address and same problem.
Reader 2
lilygh
0 Kudos

Customer support works fast! I had sent an email earlier and am now able to connect. Ebooks downloading fine.
Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Some of the most important things when asking for help on any forum (not just this one) is to provide information on what king of hardware you are using (Windows PC, Android tablet/phone, Mac, iWhatever) Operating System version (Windows 7, jellybean, iOS3 etc) and what version of the relevant application (in this case B&N reader) you are using. This give potential responders more clues about what might be causing your problem and how you might help you resolve the problem. In some of B&N's other book "clubs" this is answered by which "club" the question is posted in (Tablet, Color, First Edition etc)

Where error messages are concerned the wording of the error message (or pop up) is often helpful. In some cases you might simply be able to dismiss a pop-up by tapping/clicking a "Cancel" button.

In your case you might want to indicate if you had 3G and/or WiFi turned on and if your device was actually logged onto a network (some hotspots require agreement to Terms Of Service in your device's web browser). The contents of the error message might determine if the local hotspot is waiting for you to log on or if B&N's servers are wanting your email address and the B&N password associated with your B&N account.

Attempts to connect with B&N might be to sycronize your device's ePublication list with B&N's server or to check for current B&N retail promotions. If one of these is the purpose of the application calling home you might be able to continue reading a locally stored ePublication without the B&N server connection

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 943 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: