New User
jro1170
0 Kudos

Nook app on Samsung Galaxy Tab

The application crashes everytime I goto "My Files".  I have removed the application and tried to re-install but it still crashes. 

has anyone else had this problem?

It seemed to start(however it was the first time I used it) when I copied some epubs to the /nook/mydocuments folder on the SDCARD.  I deleted everything in that folder but it still crashes.

New User
kewendel
0 Kudos

Re: Nook app on Samsung Galaxy Tab

I don't have a Galaxy Tab, but I was doing research on it because I was considering to buy one.  I came accross an answer to your question.  The Nook App is already installed on your Galaxy Tab, according to this forum: http://galaxytablettalk.com/forum/4-galaxy-apps/6-nook-for-android-on-samsung-galaxy-tab.html . 

So if you try to install it when you already have it on your tablet, it has a fit.  Now, I don't have a galaxy tab so I can't tell you how to access the Nook App that is supposedly pre-loaded on your galaxy tab.  But hopefully this helps, in case you didn't find this forum when you searched for an answer.

Reader
MDXfan
0 Kudos

I have a Galaxy Tab from T-Mobile.  I've had it since December. 

The T-Mobile Tab does not come with the Nook app preinstalled.  I downloaded it from the market and it has worked reasonably well.

It does seem to be touchy about sideloaded content.  I tried to copy several dozen books onto the sd card and the "My Files" would only show some of the ebooks. 

I have since learned to keep only a few sideloaded books on the tab at any one time.

BTW, the tab is nice, but I still find myself reaching for my black and white nook (unless I am reading in bed where the backlit Tab screen is better than a clip on light).

Also, I purchased the non-glare screen protectors from the local Verizon store and it made reading ebooks on the Tab a considerably better experience.  I am convinced that reading ebooks on the Tab before the anti-glare was applied caused me to have headaches after as little as 15 minutes.

Contributor
marytattoo
0 Kudos

i have the galaxy and love it.  i also have the Nook color.  bought the B/W 3G just before the price went down.  I've recently sold it to a friend.  i like the BW but love the Nook Color's organizing features and the way the shelves work.  i really like the highlighting aspects because i purchase a lot of non-fiction. 

i've had no problems on the Galaxy using Nook.  however, i've not sideloaded anything.  since i have the Nook and put sideloaded library books on it, i don't need to put them also on the Tab. 

my big question is why i'm unable to highlight the Nook (and Kindle) books on my Galaxy.  i don't care as much about the lack of shelves.  but surely, highlighting would be a nice feature on the apps.

(i have the kindle app on the Galaxy because occasionally i want something which isn't available on Nook, so get it on the Kindle)

Contributor
CeCeSG
0 Kudos

I have the Samsung Vibrant (is that the Tmobile version of the Galaxy Tab?) and I notice after I loaded it, the notifications sounds on my phone periodically stop working.  Anyone else have this problem?

~CeCe
New User
bookworm22SM
0 Kudos

Hi

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab and was also having problems with sideloaded books. I found that the Aldiko app allows you to access sideloaded books after you enter your login information for adobe digital editions. Good luck and good reading!

Reader 2
Linda224
0 Kudos

Prior to updating the Nook app on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet and Epic phone I was able to view all of my books on my Samsung Galaxy device.  However since the Nook update on both devices I no longer have the ability to view all of my books or archived items.  I have taken it to Barnes and Noble, I have taken it to where I purchased both devices and to no avail. 

The common thought is that the update is faulty for Nook when it relates to downloading it to the Samsung Galaxy.  It was also thought that perhaps the next update MIGHT correct the problem.

I also own a Nook Color which I purchased as an after thought--GOOD THING--otherwise I would be EXTREMELY UPSET right now as opposed to annoyed with the update.

Since I own a Color Nook and all of my books appear there with no problem since the new update to Color Nook it was also suggested that in order to see my books on my Galaxy that on the Color Nook I archive whichever book I want to read, unarchive it on the Color Nook, then on the Galaxy search for it in my library and try to down load it that way.

For people who only own a Samsung Tablet I would call Barnes Customer Service for suggestions or send an email to the developer for the app on the market.

While I am no technician I hope this helps.  Good luck.

New User
JDP85
0 Kudos

Just so you all know this issue is not isolated to the Samsung Galaxy Tablet... I run the NOOK app for Mac on my MacBook Pro and it also has the same issue with sideloaded books, especially if you edit your ePubs and try to reincorporate them into your library, I had to create an entirely new account to read again.  I've also noticed that it occasionally says that it is "indexing" books that have been in the library for weeks, sideloaded and purchased, this causes issues when trying to read a book.  Are there any issues like this for the Android app?

New User
teebob
0 Kudos

Re: Nook app on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

Can't download NOOK from B&N?? Does anyone have tips....what a pitty!!!!

New User
jojopaints
0 Kudos

Re: Nook app on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

I am a total technotard and had no problem dowloading the Nook app BUT I did it through the 'Market" button within the Applications.  Just hit the search button in Market and type in Nook.  You want the one for android.

I'm having a problem side loading content into Nook on my Galaxy.  I think I'll just wait until the dust settles and use my Nook color for original content in the meantime.   

New User
KIMCHI101
0 Kudos

Actually, this site is closed. Do you know any other site where there is similar info? I going to receive my Glaxy Tab10.1 in a few days and I'm trying to be as prepared as possible.

New User
marmitemum
0 Kudos

thank you very much. This did the trick for me. Can I now access that book via the nook app on the galaxy tab?
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

marmitemum wrote:
thank you very much. This did the trick for me. Can I now access that book via the nook app on the galaxy tab?

The thread you're responding to is a couple of years old now. I'm not having problems using the latest B&N NOOK Android app (3.3.1.14.ANDTBL) with sideloaded material on either a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, and a Galaxy Note 10.1. I'm also pleased to see it is working with some "enhanced" magaine formats (e.g. Wired) that previously only were available on the NOOK devices.

Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 209 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: