Frequent Contributor
BellesKH
0 Kudos

Re: Nook eReader for Windows Phone 7

Now that more people are getting Windows Mobile 7 phone, I ask again, has anyone tried the WinMo 6.5 version?

Reader 2
GrahamW
0 Kudos

I've got a Windows Phone 7 (the HD7) and am also developing an app for it.  WM 6.5 apps will not work on WP7 - the systems are very different.

Windows Phone 7 is *awesome*, by the way! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
StringTheory
0 Kudos

Just wanted to come back and ask for B&N to give us an update.  Amazon's Kindle app is supposed to be out before Christmas, I can't imaging B&N doesn't have anything developing for this platform (And if not, shame on you lol)

Contributor
StringTheory
0 Kudos

Contributor
StephieJo
0 Kudos

I just got my WinMo7 phone (Samsung Focus).  Unfortunately, I moved from a WinMo 6.1 phone.  I got a port of the 6.5 reader, but it never worked on my old phone. 

I hope we get a WinMo 7 version soon - it would be nice to have on the rare occasion I don't have my nook with me!

Contributor
StringTheory
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
nancybout
0 Kudos

it hasn't been 30 days,I'm debating,should I switch the captivate (android) for windows phone(surround)???

I like the captivate,just liking what i see about windows phones too..

Reader
spense6478
0 Kudos

Contributor
StringTheory
0 Kudos

any update on windows phone 7 reader app?

Inspired Contributor
nancybout
0 Kudos

once i had on the blackjack(not blackberry) ereader.

simply put..just "ereader" ..google it and u will find it.

It lets u just read about anything:smileyhappy:
However I do not see Nook or kindle,Kobo etc for windows phones.

I do love windows phones,I will say they are awesome.
I stuck it out with an android,but My husband may be getting the Surround in February.We'll see..:smileyhappy:

Contributor
MitigationElf
0 Kudos

The Windows Mobile 6.5 version is the old BN ereader with some Nook-like tweeks. It seems to work fine. The thing that has been removed from this version (and the Nook) which I greatly miss is the ability to categorize books (History, romance, fiction, etc.).

MitigationElf!
Inspired Contributor
MrNook
0 Kudos

Add me to the Nook on WP7 chorus.  A great phone OS like WP7 needs the great Nook client app.

New User
DrewH70
0 Kudos

Looking for the Nook Windows Phone 7 app also.  Hope it is coming soon!

Contributor
UnicronSocial
0 Kudos

I have a Nook, I have the app on my PC. When I can have it on my Windows Phone 7, my tech world will be complete.

Contributor
CindyKee
0 Kudos

I just want to chime in and say that I can't wait for the Nook app to come to Windows Phone 7! I have a Samsung Focus and it's great! I have the NookColor, but would love the flexibility of having the Nook app on my phone, too!

Contributor
NebsiNsaNe
0 Kudos

I've been buying nBooks since the nook came out last year.. for my Blackberry. I don't have a nook device and was surviving on the BB and my PC alone. NOW, all I have is my PC since I got me a Samsung Focus.. I'll tell ya, its HARD to enjoy a book on the PC.. especially after months of reading on the go, in the car, in bed, anywhere and everywhere my phone went!

Just please, please PLEASE please, get an app done B&N. I have books to read and no place to read em. :smileysad:

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

NebsiNsaNe wrote:

Just please, please PLEASE please, get an app done B&N. I have books to read and no place to read em. :smileysad:

Get a NOOK.  :smileywink:

(Disclaimer:  I am just being silly.)

Contributor
NebsiNsaNe
0 Kudos

Man, I WISH! :smileyhappy: The only reason I was able to afford a new Windows Phone was because Amazon let me have two for $0.02 on new 2 year contract! If I could afford a nook, Id be all over it, lol.

In other news, TODAY marks the day that the Amazon Kindle ereader app is available on WIndows Phone 7... Id settle for a "nook app is in the works and is expected Spring 2011" or something..

Contributor
Bookmark_71
0 Kudos

Just another post encouraging a Nook e-reader app for WP7.  Picking up an HTC HD7 and looking forward to reading on the 4.3" screen.

Contributor
MrBlueEsq
0 Kudos

Please tell us something, B&N.  Kindle came out today with their WP7 app.  When is the Nook WP7 app coming out?  Is one even in development??  Please something more specific than the general response from the admin earlier in this thread...

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:36 members 581 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: