VCD
New User
VCD
0 Kudos

Re: Nook eReader for Windows Phone 7

Got to have it on WM7.  Had it on my HD2. Now toting the HD7.  Would love to have the same capability in my hand. 

Reader
LibraBB
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I was really disappointed when I saw the Kindle reader for Windows Phone 7 released with not even a hint of when we can expect one for Nook.  I have been a nearly fanatic Nook proponent and have convinced many of my friends to choose Nook over Kindle. 

Please let us know what the plans are!

New User
smoothoperatorTX

Love my HD7, would love it more with a Nook App.  Don't make me hate my phone, BNN!! 

New User
yobyeknom
0 Kudos

I've got a Samsung Focus with WP7.  I used to use Mobipocket Reader on my AT&T Tilt but it looks like there are no plans to ever update that software.  I'm looking to adopt a new ebook reader and the Kindle app has beaten you out of the gate.  I hope that you will support WP7 soon before I grow too large a library with the Kindle.  :smileywink:

New User
All_Mankind
0 Kudos

It's 2011 B&N! Any news on a Windows Phone 7 app? I started using the Kindle app, but I'd rather use a Nook app.

Frequent Contributor
captobie
0 Kudos

Another vote for a Windows Phone 7 app.  Every day without a nook app is another day that the Kindle app gets further entrenched on my phone!

Reader
spense6478
0 Kudos

Yeah I'm getting close to caving and using the Kindle app.  I don't want to, but its going to happen soon.

Reader 4
alex_santos
0 Kudos

I, too, am very close to switching from the Nook altogether to a Kindle. If only B&N would just come out and say yes or no to plans for a wp7 nook app!!!

Contributor
bleeman
0 Kudos

Add me to the list as well.  I love my Nook and like others have had no qualms about recommending it.  I have the Nook app on my desktop and iPad, but I would really like to see it on my Samsung Focus, Windows Phone. I downloaded the Kindle app for it and they did a nice job and I too am starting to hedge towards building a Kindle library and at some point may move away from my Nook to the Kindle as well.  Not intended as a threat, more a matter of being able to do what I want on the device I wish to use at the time.  Amazon seems to "get it" with their push to get the Kindle app on any device they can and I only wish B&N would do the same.  Thanks!

--Bill
New User
jt1235
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I feel all of your pain. That's why I switched my ereader from the original Nook to an iPad (yes the display is difficult for some, but it does not bother me and you can access all the major bookstores) and will be changing my Windows Mobile phone (albeit an older Samsung Omnia) to the iPhone as soon as Verizon releases theirs.

New User
chrlsrchrdsn
0 Kudos

I don't have a Kindle or a Nook.  I do have a very nice Samsung Focus with a great color screen which would dispose me toward using a Nook app over the Kindle one I am using now, and I might note using the Kindle Marketplace for purchases (B&N HINT HINT).  I don't know, maybe B&N is just making so much money that they can afford to ignore WP7, but I doubt if you asked their shareholders that they would agree.  Well, as I told Audible.  I will have only ONE, not two, devices that I carry around and my wonderful Samsung Focus with Windows Phone 7 is it.  B&N if you don't want my money and the money of 2M others, just keep doing what you are doing.  Oh, I should mention, I will also see no reason to have B&N card which I have had since you first brought them out.

Contributor
WickedScribbler
0 Kudos

Okay Guys... time to get off the pot and do something. my pretty new Samsung Focus is looking for a NOOK app.

Reader
Grate_Righter
0 Kudos

Just adding +1 to the crowd requesting a nook app for WP7.

The Kindle app from Amazon became available last month and it's great, but I have banked in the house of Barnes and Noble, and would prefer to keep it that way.  If B&N don't develop a nook app for WP7, they will most certainly lose some of their loyal market base to Amazon, not that they leave by choice, but that there was no choice.

Reader 4
alex_santos
0 Kudos

I have given up waiting for a Nook app for WP7. Today I bought a Kindle to replace my Nook. I think the Nook is a wonderful device on its own, but as a reliable sync-able platform between popular devices, it has been very disappointing.

I was using an iPhone when I made the decision to purchase a Nook over a Kindle based on the B&N eReader app for the iPhone, which was the best out there (aside from Stanza, but that was dying slowly). B&N was promising sync for upcoming update to that app. When that "update" to the app was finally released, it was a brand new app called Nook for iPhone with none of the great things I liked about the origninal B&N eReader app. This was very disappoininng, and strike 1. 

I then started using the Nook for PC program, but the Sync features between it and the Nook never seemed to work right. It was very frustrating and disappointing: strike 2.

Now after waiting for months upon months for B&N to acknoledge whether they are building a WP7 app, or even considering it, I tried out the Kindle for WP7 app and liked it alot. This was strike 3.

From here on out, Amazon will be getting the purchases that would have continued going to B&N  IF ONLY THEY WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE WINDOWS PHONE 7 USERS!!!!!

New User
Nook_ME
0 Kudos

Any official reply would be nice.  Are they even aware WinPhone 7 exists? :smileymad:

Contributor
NebsiNsaNe
0 Kudos

Almost bought the wife a Nook Color for valentine's day.. I ended up not getting it because there's still no WP7 app.. Doesn't make sense, you say? Well, how would you like it when your wife is reading in bed on her new ereader, knowing you have a huge catalogue of books you need to read and you bought the reader specifically for her, so it would be pretty impolite to ask to use it to read YOUR backlog when she has her own? Seriously.. Im not buying two nook colors. The nook app on PC is pretty flawed and I STILL cant get it to sync with B&N.. and I miss reading on my phone..

COME ON B&N! IS THERE ANY WORD ON A WP7 EREADER!?!

Contributor
ericmcarson
0 Kudos

Come on B&N! Where is the Windows Phone 7 app for nook ereader? Amazon has their Kindle app on WP7 already, and yet, no word at all from you? You have an excited user community, but a horrible customer communication team. At least let us know if you have a WP7 app in the plans or not!

Contributor
NebsiNsaNe
0 Kudos

Android received a nook app update.. AND a promise to have the newest version for Android Honeycomb when it hits.. Are we officially forgotten? Or just not important?

New User
kasrhp
0 Kudos

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:18 members 340 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: