Frequent Contributor
nook_fan
0 Kudos

Re: Nook eReader for Windows Phone 7

We might be getting close! They just released the Windows 8 and Windows 8 RT versions of the nook app!
Contributor
ArtfulBodger
0 Kudos

UPDATE!!!

B&N has released a Nook app for the MS Surface!  I don't know the exact release date, but I was able to download it last night. 

Quick review:  Pretty good all-in-all.  There could be some improvements made on the layout and the UI, but I must say that I like it BETTER than the Nook tablets themselves.  Ever since B&N changed to that silly layout where it seems their store is front and center, I have not enjoyed the Nook as much.  But I was able to take my libarary with me so that offset the inconveinece.

Now, I can take it with me on my tablet in a much better form factor and UI. 

Thank goodness. 

I would still like an app for the phone, but I have found that my Surface is light as a feather and I take it everywhere....maybe I don't need a phone app after all.....

New User
TwoMetreBill
0 Kudos

Microsoft gave B&N $250 million. On my Windows Phone 8 I can buy and read Kindle books but not Nook books. Whatever the B&N execs are smoking, they should pass it around so this insanity will make sense to the rest of us.

Frequent Contributor
BellesKH
0 Kudos

Well. I've waited all these years and sadly am giving up on the Windows phone for now. If Microsoft wanted to they could leverage their partnership and provide a compatible app. They are in the software business, B&N clearly is not. But I have a much heavier investment in books than in phones. My Windows 6.5-based Imagio can no longer log into B&N. Tomorrow I get my HTC DNA. If Windows Phone 9 has a Nook app I will give it serious consideration.

New User
Flyingcow29
0 Kudos

Still waiting patiently. Noticed some of the stories talking about the free books/magazines for Windows 8 nook users mention phones as well and got excited. But no such luck. I bet they could find someone to make the app for them for free at this point. Lots more Windows Phones out there, and market share is growing slowly thanks to Nokia.

I bet Nokia would make it if given the opportunity. Seems rediculous though with the amount Microsoft has invested in this division of B&N.

New User
MSBILL
0 Kudos

It looks like Barns & Noble doesn't want, for some ungodly reason, to release a Nook app for the Windows Phone, however I have found one that does allow you to read epub books. The app is Bookviser. The only catch is you have to break the DRM. If you don't want to do that you can still download books from Manybooks.net. These are public domain have no DRM and are completely free. No new copywrited book, but all of the classics.

New User
Shayzen
0 Kudos

PLEASE give us a Nook app for the Windows phone! PLEASE!!!
New User
Craig10541
0 Kudos

Have to agree with the frustration.  Let me say though that the kindle app works great on my Windows phone.  I started with nook and wanted to stay.  The longer they hold out the more books I buy on my kindle.  I started as a die hard nook user and am ending up enjoying kindle.  Frankly starting to look at an actual kindle.  Wish Barnes and Noble would wake up and support the platforms their users are asking for.  If they don't they won't have any users.

Contributor
bleeman
0 Kudos

I finally gave up waiting.  We sold/passed along our 6 Nooks and moved to the Kindle Fire HD and no regrets.  I really liked the Nook and the majority of the things B&N did for it, but I just got tired of waiting.  Really enjoying the Kindle especially with our Prime Account giving us access to a wide variety of movies and TV shows.  We even cancelled our Netflix subscription because of this.  I'm not saying everyone should jump ship as I still believe the Nook is a good device, it's just that in the end with our household being Windows Phone users and Windows users in general the Kindle ecosystem seems to fit that better for us.

--Bill
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:49 members 531 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: