Frequent Contributor
pops1959
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook for Android duplicating sideloaded bookks

I'm running Nook for Android on a dual-boot Nook Color running CM7. It works well enough, but I am having an odd problem with one book which I have side-loaded. Every time I hit the refresh button another copy of the book appears. I've removed the book and re-loaded it several times, but that has not solved the problem. I've edited the metadata for the book in different ways, but that has not solved the problem.

It's not a huge issue, really, but I am curious to know what this is happening and what steps can be taken to eliminate the problem. Any clues?

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Android duplicating sideloaded bookks

If you sideloaded using a Windows computer and have used that same computer to delete books or files from your nook there is a chance that Windows created a recycle bin for that drive.  Look for a recycle bin on the SD or internal memory and if it's there delete or empty it.

Frequent Contributor
pops1959
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Android duplicating sideloaded bookks

Ed_Mart wrote:

If you sideloaded using a Windows computer and have used that same computer to delete books or files from your nook there is a chance that Windows created a recycle bin for that drive.  Look for a recycle bin on the SD or internal memory and if it's there delete or empty it.

Actually I'm  on a Mac. However, you hit the nail on the head it would seem. I had loaded that same book several times while experimenting with other readers, and a number of copies resided in the trash file on the SD. I deleted those and reloaded the book fresh and that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks much!

New User
slmar123
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Android duplicating sideloaded books

I was also getting duplicates from sideloaded books. Every time I restarted the Nook Reader App or re-synched I would get duplicates on about four of my books.  My device is a rooted Nook color with CM7. I was able to determine the problem being an apostrophe (') in the books title, ie: Uncle Tom's Cabin. After I removed all the apostrophe's, I didn't get any more duplications. Hope this helps.

Reader 2
whooleeo
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Android duplicating sideloaded books

The apostrophe was it! thanks
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 271 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: