Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

Nook for Android, serious issues!

Ok, I have some seriously weird shit going on with the Nook App for the android.  I just got the Samsung Infuse, and loaded the Nook App, when I sideload books I can not use the external sd card but have to use the internal sdcard.... as if that was not bad enough, once I was able to get my books to show up, on some books I have anywhere from 3 to 18 copies of the exact same book showing up?  WTF is up with that?  If anyone can help PLEASE do and thanks in advance for any and all help.

Contributor
AntIsNowHere
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Android, serious issues!

This is the result of the horrible upgrade that B&N released for the Nook for Andorid - -version 2.7.  Version 2.6 worked wonderfully; 2.7 is riddled with problems, has a horrible interface, and, for me at least, is virutually unusable.  Very sad. It has really soured me on the Nook -- I used to highly recommend the Nook. Now -- not so much. Unfortunately, the Kindle for Andorid app is a much better app on a phone.

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

AntIsNowHere wrote:

This is the result of the horrible upgrade that B&N released for the Nook for Andorid - -version 2.7.  Version 2.6 worked wonderfully; 2.7 is riddled with problems, has a horrible interface, and, for me at least, is virutually unusable.  Very sad. It has really soured me on the Nook -- I used to highly recommend the Nook. Now -- not so much. Unfortunately, the Kindle for Andorid app is a much better app on a phone.

Well thanks for the reply but unfortunately I can't stand the Kindle and will not be using it on my phone.  Is there going to be a FIX for the Nook App and or can I download the 2.6 version anywhere?

Contributor
2PointySticks
0 Kudos

I have an HTC Evo Shift, and ever since the 2.7 update when I open the nook app, about 3 times out of 5 it won't respond to touch until I slide my keyboard out, then close it again.  When I do that, the screen will flicker, refresh and accept input.  Not fatal, but darn annoying!

Frequent Contributor
romsfuulynn
0 Kudos

Similar issue - I sometimes open the Nook app, it won't respond to touch, but if I close the app and reopen, it's fine.

Contributor
2PointySticks
0 Kudos

A new update came out a few days ago and seems to have solved the non-responsiveness issue for me.  But now it can't hook up with my eWishList!  (It says I have 0 items on my list, which is laughable.)

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

You're right, it doesn't hook up to the online wishlist.  It creates it's own just like the NookColor and only on one device.  I have a Galaxy Tab and an android phone, the wish list has no connection not only between the android devices but to the NC or the website.  Why is it necessary for those of who use multiple devices to maintain multiple wishlists?  Come on BN it can't be that hard to write code connecting the wishlist with the online database.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 253 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: