Inspired Contributor
alliewinter
0 Kudos

Nook for Mac has never worked and I am unable to download directly from online library

I have been trying to get Nook for Mac to work for over a year and a half. I have given up multiple times and when I opened the app yesterday, my library didn't update. (In the past it has updated but I've never been able to actally VIEW my books - wouldn't download) In fact, this time the library contents from my last battle over a year ago was gone and all I had was the manual in the library. My account is linked but I had to uninstall and reinstall for it to recognize my current library. Now when I try to download some of my books, I get the download status bar for over 5 minutes then I get a message saying "Sorry we are unable to open this book. Please try again later". Some of the messages say technical difficulties and others say the book was unable to be found. They are all currently on my Nook HD. Not archived at all. 

I did manage to download three from the online library at bn.com but the files were dropped into downloads folder. Didn't want to complicate matters by installing/adding them to Nook for Mac so I left them there. Was hoping it would go directly to Nook for Mac from the website. After those three, I am unable to download any at all. I don't even get an error message, just an unresponsive button. I'm using a MBP 2011 running OS 10.7.5.

Are their any workarounds or tips out there? Is this something that I could take to my local BN store for help with? Didn't know if they help with computer issues or just their devices.

Thanks in advance!
Allie

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Mac has never worked and I am unable to download directly from online library

Have you updated the app from the website?  There have been a couple of updates since your issue has been going on.  Try that, it might just be the fixer.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 688 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: