SayCheeze
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Mac not working...

That actually worked for me.

Reader
eccollinsworth
0 Kudos

i have a macbook pro with snow leopard and i've discovered that when i close the Nook program, I have to use the top menu and QUIT rather than xing out.  when i do this, it opens back up every time.  

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

I have the latest version of the Nook app for OSX.  I did what you said exited the app by clicking on the red X in the window rather than going to the menu bar and Quiting from there.  App reacted properly and closed both the window and the app.

Do you have the latest version? 

Please contact B&N Technical Support for further assistance.

New User
Kevinv
0 Kudos

Creating a folder worked for me.

New User
Mybeezabee
0 Kudos

I can read any book on nook if you read it from B&N web site.  I sign in and go to My Nook in the top bar. I don't own a nook but there are my books.  I usually buy them from there anyway.  You cn lend them and save them there.  Easy to read on the Mac as well and it is linked to my I pad.  I don't get too much from amazon unfortunatley, I have to use their cloud.  If I have no wireless I'm stuck.  You can also place it in your i books as well.

New User
Sureshn
0 Kudos

The nook for Mac App used to work for me in Lion.

After upgrade to Mountain Lion its not working for me anymore.

I can read by logging in to web-site but that means I need to be constantly connected to internet - Which is inconvenience sometimes..

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Hi Sureshn,
Please give BN more info, the fact that you said that it does not work does not tell them what version of the software you are using, what computer you have, what other software you might be running at the same time (software conflicts) and how much RAM you have installed. Please explain what happens when you double click on the app to launch it. Anything else you can think of that might be relevant.

Thanks much.
New User
Sureshn
0 Kudos

On Aug 28, 2012, at 10:14 AM, service <service@barnesandnoble.com> wrote:

Dear Suresh,

Thank you for writing to us.

We would like to inform that Mountain Lion is not compatible with NOOK
for Mac; you may use NOOK for Web.

In order to gain access to NOOK for Web, please complete the following:

1. Go to BN.com and hover over the NOOK tab.

2. Under Free Reading Apps, select see more.

3. Select Read Instantly on any browser under NOOK for Web.

4. Select READ IT NOW.

5. Select sign in; enter your BN account sign in information.

Hope you find this information helpful.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,

Siana
Customer Service Representative - Digital Support
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/
Visit our NOOK Support site for the latest updates and downloads at:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/
New User
Kapi
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue as JOdell999

Has there been a resolution?  I have a Mac OSX version 10.6.8, Snow Leopard.

Contributor
tessla_girl
0 Kudos

Is there a timeline for when the Nook app will be compatible with Mountain Lion?
New User
NazJason
0 Kudos

I would like to know if there is a time table too. I am running a Mac with Mountain Lion and I can not get 'Nook for Web' or 'Nook for Mac' to work. Nook for web is not able to identify a book that I have already purchased and have on my Nook Simple Touch. I am being asked to purchase the book again when I try to access it online.
New User
gtrflwr
0 Kudos

glad you said that, icravebooks, as i also thought the folder method wouldn't solve it. seems to be working just fine for me now here at work. 

thanks for the help, scythe1969!

New User
jdscott
0 Kudos

I tried creating a folder called NOOKforMac as suggested above. It worked great. Thanks!

New User
SteveKY
0 Kudos

That should be that NOOK is not compatible with Mountain Lion - not the other way around.  Nook for Mac is one of the worst pieces of software I have used.  Bookmarks don't work.  It won;t start up unless you do the BACK and FORWARD trick and it won't quit unliess you force quit.  The Mac OS can't even close it - try leaving Nook open and select Restart Mac.  It won't happen until you force quit Nook.  The Mac OS can quit any other app that's open.  Mountain Lion has been out WAAAAYYYY long enough for BN to fix this.

New User
aliceskier
0 Kudos

I put it in the NOOKforMac folder and took it out of the dock. Then opened it from the folder. I doesn't open every time, but if I keep trying, it opens.

New User
Patou18
0 Kudos

This is happening to me too... just after I did the upgrade it wont open... can anyone help me with this...? thank you i would really appreacite it 

New User
Captain_Jack
0 Kudos

I accidentally received a message that OSx could not open Nook for Mac because of security preferences set to limit program execution to programs downloaded from App Store or trusted developers. Went to preferences to change that and was told pressing the control key and executing will override the setting. I tried it, i.e., pressing control and clicking Nook for MAC, and it worked. I preferred that to resetting security preferences but I bet resetting security preferences also will solve the problem.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Captain_Jack wrote:

I accidentally received a message that OSx could not open Nook for Mac because of security preferences set to limit program execution to programs downloaded from App Store or trusted developers. Went to preferences to change that and was told pressing the control key and executing will override the setting. I tried it, i.e., pressing control and clicking Nook for MAC, and it worked. I preferred that to resetting security preferences but I bet resetting security preferences also will solve the problem.

I just tried that and it did not work for me.

Also NOOK for Mac is downloaded from the App store so it should not have this problem.

Inspired Wordsmith
Hypatia1
0 Kudos

I downloaded Nook Study which works - can read books again (doesnt matter they are not textbooks). You may need to use an old school affiliation though to register if you are not in school/on a faculty.....

Contributor
lfeuln
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI - but there is no Nook for Mac app in the Mac App Store (not through B&N's website) that I could find. Are you actually seeing something available now?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 58 members 825 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: