New User
kororareka
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Mac not working...

Works like a charm on Lion - you're a genius ! Thanks.
Contributor
Astroman007
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That's the only thing that worked for me! Holding down option-shift while  clicking the app's icon. And it took doing that two times for it to work!  

Well, before that, I had to put Nook for Mac into a folder specifically named "NOOKforMac"--pay attention to the capitalization and lack of spaces.

I have never ever had a Mac app behave like this. It's appalling!  But my great appreciation to those who posted these tips...

New User
Paultunes
0 Kudos

using the BNstudy App has worked fine. the company should have put this info out there itself rather than rely on users to figure it out. i stll love my Nook though. mad props Davan!

Reader
VJDJR
0 Kudos

I found no matter what folder I put it in, it was still getting hung up.  Someone elsewhere suggested right-clicking on the window and "Reload".  This did the trick.

Vince

Reader
VJDJR
0 Kudos

Actually, it brought up my library, but I was unable to d/l any new books which I had purchased.

And since they've taken it down from the site, I assume this is while they're fixing what needs fixing. Again, I hope....
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

VJDJR wrote:
Actually, it brought up my library, but I was unable to d/l any new books which I had purchased.

And since they've taken it down from the site, I assume this is while they're fixing what needs fixing. Again, I hope....

Actually Nook for Mac (and PC) have been discontinued and are no longer being supported.  The working alternative is NookStudy.

New User
darkos0107
0 Kudos

Nook for Mac not working...

finally--got it working..on iMac retina. i tried the advice posted to no avail. so i went into B&N website & simple downloaded the app again & REPLACED the existing one.

all is well--i thought---but the ebook I downloaded still was not in there. once i opened the app I also opened the FINDER & (command +C/command +V) to cut & paste the ebook file directly into the app.

NOW---i am good to go!

good luck.

New User
Mrs_Y
0 Kudos

worked for me!  Thanks for the tip.

New User
char3233
0 Kudos

The only way I have been able to get it to work is to NOT put it in my Applications folder and simply open it from my DOWNLOAD folder each time. If it's in your applications folder, delete it, and empty your trash can. Then go to the download folder and open it from there, without placing it in your applications folder. I know this is a pain and inconvenient, but with Mountain Lion, it's the only way I've been able to get it to work. I read most of my stuff on my Nook Color, but I do like to use my Macbook Pro once in a while, too.

New User
Sadie2705
0 Kudos

Putting it in a folder worked for me.. Weird. I clicked it to open it once, and it just did the same thing, sat there for NOOK in the middle. Then, instead of closing it and trying again, I double clicked to "open" it again. Strange.

New User
anon2
0 Kudos

I've been having the same problem.. I decided the easiet thing was to try NookStudy.. Even tho I am not currently enrolled in school, I just picked one from my state.. It's launched just fine and I can finally use Nook on my Mac without using Mac for Web and having to sign in every single time.. I'm using OS 10.9.2..

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

If you are running Mavericks here is what I did as a work-around to get the client to work again.  Create a folder in the Applications folder called "NOOKforMac" without the quotes, put the Nook application in that folder.  Open the folder and holding down the control key launch the app, the first time it launches, it will yack (a very technical term there) dismiss the report log or send it to Apple and maybe they will repair the API that broke this in the first place.  Once you either send or dismiss relaunch the Nook application and all should be good for that session on your Mac.  I have not tested this after a restart so you may have to do this (holding down the option key) after every reboot.

Hope this helps!

Aloha,

Davan

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 20 members 202 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: