Contributor
pattysplayhouse
0 Kudos

Nook for PC and Nook on the Web not working

For some reason Nook for PC is not syncing with my library, and when I try to access books on Nook on the web that I have bought, I am getting samples of the book and a link to buy the book. This has been going on for over a week now. Is this a known problem, and if it is, is there an estimated time when it will be fixed?  

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for PC and Nook on the Web not working

Nook for PC is working fine for me on both a Win7 and XP machine.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
Penty
0 Kudos

I'm seeing the same issue on Nook for PC.
Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

pattysplayhouse wrote:

For some reason Nook for PC is not syncing with my library, and when I try to access books on Nook on the web that I have bought, I am getting samples of the book and a link to buy the book. This has been going on for over a week now. Is this a known problem, and if it is, is there an estimated time when it will be fixed?  

Nook for web: this is a known problem. Just logout of the B&N website, then login again. That should solve the probelm.

Contributor
pattysplayhouse
0 Kudos

I've logged out and logged back in a few times, and still the same issue.  Its been over a week, and when I call customer service I get a run-around. Not happy at all right now with the way they are handling this.

Contributor
pattysplayhouse
0 Kudos

When I click on a book it just hangs there and does not open, then I get a pop up stating that they are experiencing technical difficulties. to please try again later.  I've been trying now for over a week. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

pattysplayhouse wrote:

I've logged out and logged back in a few times, and still the same issue.  Its been over a week, and when I call customer service I get a run-around. Not happy at all right now with the way they are handling this.

When you use Nook for Web, are you opening the books from your library, or from a site search?  I've had much better luck opening them from my library.

Contributor
pattysplayhouse
0 Kudos

I've been opening them from my Library. It's annoying. They are books that I've already paid for, and I have no access to them from the computer. 

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

There may have been a hiccup on the server as both are working for me.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

it seems to be an intermittent error. I just tried downloading a new purchase onto Nook for PC on my XP machine and got the 1016 error. I then opened NookStudy and it downloaded fine. Went back to Nook for PC and it downloaded fine.
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Tonight I opened Nook for PC on my Win7 machine, got the 1016 error. I closed it down and came back 5 minutes later everything downloaded fine.

If you get the 1016 error, try again later. It should eventually work.
Reader
Sinder
0 Kudos

I sometimes have luck if I clear out my history and cookies. However I have also gotten the run around from support. They really need to fix this problem!
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 674 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: