Distinguished Correspondent
blemons
0 Kudos

Nook for Windows 8 - Questions

I am new to Windows 8 (and of course Nook for Windows 8). 

Can someone tell me:

1.  Is there some way to get the Nook icon onto my desktop veiw in Windows 8?  I found the app with the other apps - but when I right-click - it doesn't give me the option to go to where it's stored and make a shortcut.  And I was unable to find the file path on my own... Is this even possible with Nook for Windows 8 (I know it is for other applications)?

2.  I am used to Nook for PC (and the formatting, functionality that goes with it).  Windows 8 has some different features, but I can't figure out how to do some things I'm used to... like is there a way to download all books onto my computer as backup?  There was an option in Nook for PC to set so that all new books automatically downloaded - but I can't find something similar in Nook for Windows 8.  Also, I can't even find where on windows 8 the books are stored, the ones that do download...

3.  Is there some sort of guide to Nook for Windows 8 that might help answer some of these questions... I figured out enough to be able to download a recently-purchased book and read it...but I'd like to be able to do more with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Berit

Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Windows 8 - Questions

I shared your confusion.  What I did was go the Barnes and Noble website and download the "Nook for Windows Pc" under Nook apps.  The old Nook for PC installs in compatibility mode windows 7 style just fine on the Windows 8 desktop and works just like you are used to. 

What with the "free" classic shell program from Sourceforge and Modern Mix ($4.99) from Stardock I have been able to ignore the new Windows 8 Metro screen and work from the desktop again with a start button.

Distinguished Correspondent
blemons
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for Windows 8 - Questions

Thanks for the help.  I'll try that!

Berit

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:23 members 282 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: