New User
pdmck
0 Kudos

Nook for iPad/iPod on ios 6.1 - Saying the device needs to connect to the internet when connected

My iPad and iPod both were recently udpated to ios 6.1.3.  The Nook app now gives the error message "Please be sure you have internet connectivity, then try again" whenever it tries to communicate B&N servers.  My other devices and apps are still working.  All other iPad/iPod apps still use the internet fine after the ios update.

Anyone else having this issue?

New User
joannasjones
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for iPad/iPod on ios 6.1 - Saying the device needs to connect to the internet when connecte

I have been at both of my jobs all evening/night (2 different Wi-Fi networks) and I have tried to download books I purchased from Barnes & Noble to my Nook app on my iPad 2.  The books appear in my library, however, I still need to download them.  This is normal.

BUT, when I try to download the book it immediately states "ERROR Network Connection Lost".  I am connected to the Internet, I can access websites, use Netflix, NBC Sports and what not. 

I have noticed that apps have been crashing, especially Nook and Facebook.

I have tried the following: restarting the iPad, turning Wi-Fi on and off, renewing the lease, forgetting the network and even resetting the network settings and I still can not download my books.  Is there something else I can do?  My iPad is only a couple months old.

Reader 2
yogirl74
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for iPad/iPod on ios 6.1 - Saying the device needs to connect to the internet when connecte

I am having the same problem with Android, so it isn't just Apple products right now.
Reader
M.D.Rippy
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same issue. All work Apps working and have internet connection (WiFi and 3G) but still get message. I have shut the IPad down multiple times as well as removed and reinstalled the Nook app - all to no avail.

Contributor
Strathmore

While trying to update my Nook for iPad app with 2 books I had bought, I ended up losing every book on the device!!! Then I uninstalled Nook for iPad and tried to re-install it. It installs Nook for iPad app but when I try to log in, the arrow to declare country of use doesn't work. Plus I get the No Internet Connectivity message. I think the upgrade needs an upgrade.
Contributor
jmcconnell24
0 Kudos

I just had an online chat with a tech guy.  This is a problem on their end.  They are working on it is all the answer I got.  dummy me deleted and attempted to readd the app and now don't have access to any of my content.

Reader
M.D.Rippy
0 Kudos

I got the same response. Don't feel bad about deleting the App - I did the same trying to resolve issue.

Reader 4
SusanC0425
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem on ipad and android. Thanks for posting about your conversation with tech. Saved me a phone call.
Distinguished Correspondent
yellowrosetx
0 Kudos

I was having the same issue, but it appears to be fixed now.

New User
miltos1026
0 Kudos

I was having the same problem and I think it's the Nook app that is faulty. I uploaded the Nook for kids app and my library works just fine (I just bought a book last night that I was not able to look at through the normal Nook app). You can find it in the app store under nook kids and you will need to go into settings to upload grown-up books. Hope this helps.
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

miltos1026 wrote:
I was having the same problem and I think it's the Nook app that is faulty. I uploaded the Nook for kids app and my library works just fine (I just bought a book last night that I was not able to look at through the normal Nook app). You can find it in the app store under nook kids and you will need to go into settings to upload grown-up books. Hope this helps.

Or you could just wait for them to resolve the connection issue, which it appears they've done.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 995 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: