Contributor
artseattle
0 Kudos

Nook for iPhone 5 update? Late to the party

Any news on when the Nook app for the iPhone 5 will be available?  It's a shame to waste the extra 1/2 inch of real estate on black bars.  Most of the other companies reading apps were updated weeks ago!

Art

Reader
ShayneMasonVincent
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for iPhone 5 update? Late to the party

Agreed! When will B&N step up to the plate of professionalism set by iBooks. The support is slow and updates far and few between. It doesn't even feature the page flip like nook color and iBooks. Let alone having any user settings or functions such as shelves that are easy to use and compatible across platform from touch to iOS. Sigh. If it wasn't for e-readers I would just switch to apple. I love B&N, but they just don't seem to get it.
Contributor
lfeuln
0 Kudos

I wasn't expecting an instant update, but this is really getting left behind now. Nearly all major apps have been updated and not having that extra space is *very* noticeable on a reading app as opposed to say music player.

I'm sorry to say it but it *does* make B&N look second class when the Kindle app has been updated for nearly two months now, and consistently beats Nook apps to new development (ex. retina iPad, but at least the gap was much shorter than this).

Contributor
artseattle
0 Kudos

Finally!!!   Updated for iOS 6 today.  Takes advantage of larger iPhone 5 screen.

New User
WantNookKidsAppAndroid
0 Kudos

aRe: Nook for iPhone 5 update? Late to the party

Looks like B&N serves apple users first and leaves android behind. Android users are still waiting for the Nook app to support Nook Kids which apple users got on the iPad almost 2 years ago. Why does B&N have it out against android users but updates their apple apps versions in a matter of weeks or a month?

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 757 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: