New User
dan_public
0 Kudos

Nook for iPhone Doesn't work

I downloaded the Nook for iPhone and PC, and then bought a book in B&N.   When I opened Nook on my PC, the book was there and opened fine. However, on the iPhone...

The book appears on my iPhone with the word "Download" at the bottom that appears.  ("Download" appears and disappears.)  When I tried to read the book, it displayed an error that "nook could not open this eBook at this time.  Please try again."   I tried multiple times over a 30 minute period and got the same message.   Some free books open, but this one does not.

To answer the obvious questions - Yes, I'm logged in and yes, I have the latest version of iPhone Nook.

Any idea what's wrong?

Regards,

Dan.

Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden
0 Kudos

Re: Nook for iPhone Doesn't work

What was the title?  Sometimes that happens when they have "pulled" the book.  You have it on your computer because it downloads a copy to your harddrive, on your nook iphone it reads it from the website, the book may be gone.

Pinky

Wordsmith
swan480

dan_public wrote:
When I tried to read the book, it displayed an error that "nook could not open this eBook at this time.  Please try again."  

My husband got that message with a book we'd paid for.  Once he turned his iPhone off and back on again, the ebook downloaded fine.  Try rebooting your phone -- sometimes it helps!

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

Pinky, the ebooks are not read directly feom the website. They are also downloaded to any of the iDevices, just like the nook.
Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden
0 Kudos

You know, I knew that wasn't right when I heard it.  Someone told me that once and I believed it, lol.  There was a problem with the book watchmen, it wouldn't download no matter what.  I was told that the books pulled from B&N.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Pinky

Contributor
sheilatn
0 Kudos

Swan480 thanks for your tip. I have a Nook Classic and an Iphone and downloaded an NIV Bible today for 9.99 to my Nook and couldn't get it to download onto my IPhone.  I finally tried several things, including downloading it to my Kobo app on my IPhone.  Now it is stuck trying to download to that and while waiting for that to work I read your solution.  I tried that and turned off my Iphone and it is working now on both my Nook and my IPhone.  I have broken my left wrist twice in the same place and with that problem I purchased my Nook and IPhone, but it is sometimes easier to just use my IPhone when I am away from home.  Getting "older" is the pits.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 386 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: