New User
Elena1
0 Kudos

Nook on iPad 2 freezes during page turns using IOS 6.1.3

I have been using the Nook program on my iPad 2 for years now, but it has started freezing when I try to turn the page. I am able to advance one more page by pressing the Home button, then choosing the Nook app again. But that only works for one page change. I keep having to power down, then I have to go back to the Home button again and re choose Nook app again. At first I tried reinstalling the Nook app, but that only worked for a page change. Then I powered down, and that worked for a while, but every once in a while the freezing starts again. It may be that it starts when I make the iPad find "up" when I am moving around and the screen tries to right itself. I am not sure... How can I solve this annoying problem? I am using IOS 6.1.3
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A
0 Kudos

Re: Nook on iPad 2 freezes during page turns using IOS 6.1.3

Have you tried locking the screen orientation (portrait or landscape) before moving the iPad around? How much memory is left? Shut your iPad off ( not sleep mode ) after deleting the app then reinstall the app again.
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

FWIW I've been running the Nook for iPad app on my iPad 2, same IOS version, with no issues at all.
Contributor
InitialT
0 Kudos

A3A offers good advice. In addition, you may be encountering problems with the new animated page turn mode. You have the option to turn this off and see if that improves the situation. Open your book. Tap the Text Options (Aa) button at the top of the screen. On the next screen, tap the 'More Options' button at the bottom. On the final screen, flip the switch that says 'Animate Page Turns'. You should then be returned to your book.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 209 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: