New User
HEW11
0 Kudos

Nook on iPhone

I am having multiple problems with the nook appon my iPhone. Having finally gotten back to my library, I noticed that some books are available, but others still have the Download button showing. When I pushed the Download button, I get an error message stating Couldn't get content license. Then the button toggles back and forth between downloading and download, only to get the same error message. How can I fix this??? I appreciate any help you can give me.

New User
Rochaven
0 Kudos

Re: Nook on iPhone

I have the same problem and have been unable to get an answer.  Does a solution or work around exist?

Thanks.

Contributor
BnokJd
0 Kudos

The nook iphone app is absolutely terrrible.  Even if I get it to download a book, it never opens, or freezes up. Needs updated ASAP

JDB
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

BnokJd wrote:

The nook iphone app is absolutely terrrible.  Even if I get it to download a book, it never opens, or freezes up. Needs updated ASAP

Seeing as Apple isn't going to allow the NOOK App on their platform in 7 days, I doubt this is going to happen.

Contributor
BnokJd
0 Kudos

no way? They won't let you use it on iphones, etc, anymore? I hadn't heard that.... doesn't make sense since it seems everyone else has an iphone app thes days...that stinks...

JDB
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

BnokJd wrote:

no way? They won't let you use it on iphones, etc, anymore? I hadn't heard that.... doesn't make sense since it seems everyone else has an iphone app thes days...that stinks...

See this article:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-18438_7-20070347-82.html

Apparently the apps would still be allowed, but in order to satisfy Apple's restrictions, B&N, Kindle and everyone else would have to hand over 30% of the purchase price of all books sold through the app (and for agency books, that is B&N's profit) in order to remain on the platform.  

Original language said they couldn't sell anything outside the app not sold in the app and that anything sold outside the app but read in the app would require a "tax" paid to Apple.  They have blinked and you may be able to read "approved" content but not purchase from iphone.  Nobody is certain whether you'll be able to read newly purchase, via computer on the web, content or just the old content in the iphone apps. 

Depending on how tightly Apple controls this, B&N may have very little reason to put much work into a new app...

Contributor
BnokJd
0 Kudos

Gotcha, thanks so much for sharing this!

JDB
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 452 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: