New User
Alamo1956
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Opening epub file via Nook for PC

I have a previously purchased epub file (not from BN) downloaded to my PC.  I have installed Nook for PC onto my desktop but cannot get it to open the epub file.  How can I get the Nook for PC to open the file?

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Re: Opening epub file via Nook for PC

Try:

1. Store the file in the folder within your "...\My Documents\My Barnes and Noble eBooks" folder that corresponds to the eMail address associated with your Barnes & Noble Nook Account.
  2. From the Nook for PC "my stuff" tab click the "ADD NEW ITEM" button on the application's  tool bar. Note that the button will not appear when you've selected any of other "my library" tab.
  3. Select the file you want to add and click the "Open" button on the resulting "Add File" dialog. In addition to making the file appear in your library list this may produce a duplicate of the file in your main "...eBooks" folder, but don't worry because this redundancy usually doesn't use much space on the large hard drives common for the last several years, especially compared to videos or high quality photo files.
  4. Please report back in this thread if you succeed or not.

Applies to PC reader version 2.5.6.9575, but also might apply to other versions

New User
Sharon_Lippincott
0 Kudos

I finally did manage to find that My Stuff button. What a shame it takes a magic wand and cheat sheet to find the path to this function.

I'm sadly disappointed in the Nook for PC app in general. The minimum width is way too wide for comfortable reading. If I open the sidebar column, things get a little better.

Adding the option of two colums, as we can do on the iPad would be a wonderful thing and give Nook a real edge as a PC ePub reader.

New User
jaymorrie
0 Kudos

Thanks alot worked great

New User
fifthday
0 Kudos

ok so got my epub file into my nook for pc my stuff section...just bought a nexus 7 and put nook on it, im seeing the books that i have downloaded thru the nook store but how do i get the books that i have place in the my stuff area on my computer to sync with my tablet? any help would be appreciated, im really thinking of just returning this and just getting and ipad =(

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Before rushing out to get an iOad, I've yet to find a way to side load content for the Nook App. I can read the other epubs using another reader, but if there's a way to side load content to the Nook app, it's alluded me.
Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Only the B&N ebooks (that are in your B&N library) are synced with your ereader.
You have to transfer sideloaded content yourself. Just copy the files to the new tablet.
New User
beknapke
0 Kudos

here is what i did.

i connected the nexus to my pc with the usb.

i copied my epubs from my pc to a folder i created called books on my nexus 7 internal storage.

i got a free file manager app from play and installed it on my nexus. i used astro file manager

using the astro app i moved my epubs from my books folder to the nook/my documents folder

i don't know why i cant put the epubs directly into my nook folder while connected to the pc, maybe i'm missing something, but this way works great for me :smileyhappy:

New User
katanaqueen
0 Kudos

Having tried everything in this thread to no avail I tried one thing that seemed crazy but WORKED.

Take all the books out of the Barnes and Noble folder for the Nook and put them elsewhere. Then go into the Nook and add things with nothing in the folder and it will let you add everything....it blows that you have to do them one at a time but it did work for me at least. Hope this helps for anyone still having the problem.

Oh and you can delete the copies from where ever you moved them to cuz the Nook will copy them back into the Barnes and Noble folder......stupid I know but it got the job done.
New User
B_Eby
0 Kudos

To find the my stuff tab, maximize your Nook for PC window. Its under My Library, WAY at the bottom.

New User
pjb0222

Why can they not have a specific directory to drop the file in like for the e-readers and android apps?

Adding 500+ drm free e-books is a PITA.

We need more commonalithy in function across versions.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 231 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: