New User
Teresa5215
0 Kudos

PC Download of e-reader

After downloading the e-reader to my Windows PC, I am not allowed to sign in.  The error message is that the site is having technical difficulties try again later #1001.  Can someone help

Reader 2
Tracie73
0 Kudos

Re: PC Download of e-reader

I am currently having a very similar problem.  I have used the ereader for over a week now.  Suddenly yesterday it would not sign in.  I uninstalled the reader and then downloaded it again.  This did not solve the problem.  I got an error reading sign in:  1002.  I changed my password, and still got the same error.  I called digital support and after 40 minutes on the phone they said they would have a call into corporate and they will call me back. 

If I create a new account and sign into the reader using that account then I do not get the error message.  However, all of my purchases are on my orignial account, so this doesn't do me any good.

Inspired Wordsmith
Hypatia1
0 Kudos

Have you tried after you open the e-reader using your new account going to settings/my account - signing out and then signing back in with old account?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Teresa5215 wrote:

After downloading the e-reader to my Windows PC, I am not allowed to sign in.  The error message is that the site is having technical difficulties try again later #1001.  Can someone help

I don't see what is so confusing about the message.

It means exactly what it says.    Try later. 

There is a huge snowstorm out east, and this can cause all sorts of problems, from power failures to key personell being absent.

New User
Tammy41TD
0 Kudos

I, too, am getting the 1002 error after upgrading my ereader to version 2.1.1.1  I cannot find anything on BandN website about it.  I can go to the website and log in fine.  I even uninstalled that version and attempted to install a earlier version only to get the same error.  Any help would be appreciated.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

@ Tammy41TD:  Have you changed your password recently, or any other account information?  

Have you tried reinstalling version 2.1.1.1 again since, and trying again?  Sometimes an uninstall and reinstall helps with log in issues. 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 286 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: