Contributor
plainstuff
0 Kudos

PC eBook Reader ver. 2 - not loading non-B&N pdb book

Just installed B&N PC eBook reader Version 2.1.1.1 on a Windows Vista - 64 bit PC -- it did not locate and load my old books from the ver 1 library,  Not a big problem for all my B&N books, simply downloaded them.

BUT, I cannot load my personal, non-B&N pdb books through "my stuff" -- these are pdb books I created using OpenOffice, which I could load and read using ver. 1.

I used "my stuff" to add a "new item" and a window popped up that said the pdb book was "Copied" to my "locker," but the book never appears in my library. I tried several of these books with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Re: PC eBook Reader ver. 2 - not loading non-B&N pdb book

Are you in the all items section, or the my stuff section?  Your books should be in my stuff.

Contributor
plainstuff
0 Kudos

Yes - I am looking in the "my stuff" section

Yes - My books that I've tried to add "should" be in "my stuff"

NO  - My books are NOT in "My Stuff", which is under "my library" -- nor do they apear in any of the subheadings under "my library"

thank you,   Ed_Mart for your assistance ---

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Have you used Windows explorer to see if the books were copied to your "My B&N Books" folder.  At least that would give us an idea of where the problem lies, either with the copy function or with the program identifying the books.  It doesn't help you read them but it might give tech support an idea of where to look for the problem.

Also, you might try using Calibre to reconvert the books to pdb or epub and then try adding the newly converted books to "My Stuff."  There may be some difference in the pdb format that open office is using that Calibre can correct.

PS:  Sorry if the question in my prior post (or this one) seemed redundant, my intent was to clarify.

Contributor
plainstuff
0 Kudos

Thanks Ed, for your time and assistance. It is appreciated.

I've decided to give up on the B&N eReader all together.  There always seems to be some kind of  bug with the PC version.  I was thinking about getting a nook until I learned about the extremely weak page turning keys.

So I'm switching over to mobipocket reader for now.  It seems to be more flexible, better featured for my needs, and they still support the good ol' palm.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 751 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: