Reader
bethdynamic
0 Kudos

PC eReader unable to synchronize

I recently purchased an eBook and then downloaded the Desktop eReader for my PC; I was able to download the eBook and eReader just fine, but when I try to sign in to the eReader with my B&N account info, it signs in to the server but then it gets stuck synchronizing. I contacted CS, but they told me it might be because I didn't have the most recent version and told me to upload it from the website. I have the version 2.1.1.1. which is the one from the eBooks website and I uninstalled, downloaded, and repeated this process probably four times. The same thing keeps happening and the eReader just sits there, saying it is synchronizing. I am very confused and need some help, and I would very much like to read my eBook sometime soon.

Thanks!

ps--I am sorry if I am stating a problem that has happened before, but I have been searching through this forum for something to help me and haven't found anything, and I am very tired of looking.

New User
lancair
0 Kudos

Re: PC eReader unable to synchronize

You are not alone. I have the same problem. If they expect me to have to jump through all these hoops and then it still won't work......well, guess again B&N. Here's some advice.....don't release a product until the MAJOR bugs are worked out. This is a MAJOR bug. It all works as advertised on my iPod Touch, but not the PC.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Usually this is due to a differenct in your info as entered in the web site as compared to the Desktop Reader.

Some report going to the web site and re-entering all of the login info over again helps, and make sure you have a default credit card selected.

Then double check the settings in the e-reader.

But also don't discount the possibility of some firewall / anti virus software disallowing the EReader to access the internet.

Reader
bethdynamic
0 Kudos

I did try making an exception for the eReader, so it was allowed through my firewall, but that still did not work. These are a lot of hoops to jump through.

Consequently, I decided to look elsewhere for the eBook and bought it at another site and downloaded the Microsoft Reader, which worked just fine. I was able to find, download, and read my book within about 15 minutes.

Luckily, the eBook I bought from Barnes and Noble was small and about three dollars, but from what I understand I will not be seeing that money back. I will consider this a lesson learned and the three dollars my charitable contribution to Barnes and Noble--in the hope that any sort of financial support will help them to figure out the technical difficulties with their eReader.

But between ya'll and myself, I will not be buying another eBook from Barnes and Noble. Before this, I preferred the tactile experience of holding a real book in my hands as I read curled up on the couch. Now, it also seems more economical in the long run to just stick with the real thing.

Thanks for all of your help.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 32 members 215 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: