Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco
0 Kudos

PLEASE: Add ability to zoom on charts/images

Please, add the ability to zoom into images and tables. Lots of contents are unreadable, take this an example, it comes from the book "Innovator's Toolkit", it is the core part of the book, and its almost unreadable, no matter if seen portrait or landscape:

This happens on no matter what app you're using: Android app for tablets or phones, iPad or Nook Color.

Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco
0 Kudos

Re: PLEASE: Add ability to zoom on charts/images

Am I the only one who thinks this is really important?

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

No, this drum has been beat until our hands are bloody, but nobody at B&N has shown any inclination to add an image or table zoom capability to the reader apps or the readers themselves.

Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco
0 Kudos

Honestly… does B&N gives a damn about their users?

Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco
0 Kudos

Looks like the official answer is "no"

Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco
0 Kudos

REALLY... nobody cares?

New User
NobleBooks
0 Kudos

I agree. Please add this function. It is very hard to ready the some of the content in the ebook on the iphone because you cannot zoom.

New User
NobleBooks
0 Kudos

No I think this is very important and should be a function that is added immediately

Frequent Contributor
luisferfranco
0 Kudos

So there came another update and they "miss" this *very important* request.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Version 3.3 released late last year and here is the list of additions to the app:
What's New:

iPhone 5 support
Improved accessibility
Apple screen magnification and VoiceOver support
Language support for British English, French, Italian, German and Spanish
Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@robertVA I don't know about other Nooks, but my Nook Tablet has this feature.

I agree that it needs to be added to the app. Since getting a non-Nook tablet, I've chosen to buy a few illustration heavy books from Amazon specifically because I can zoom in on images with the Kindle app.

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Didact wrote:

@robertVA I don't know about other Nooks, but my Nook Tablet has this feature.

I agree that it needs to be added to the app. Since getting a non-Nook tablet, I've chosen to buy a few illustration heavy books from Amazon specifically because I can zoom in on images with the Kindle app.

Yes, but that's the tablet.

Operating the browser with the dual screens is awkward, but it can zoom and pan, so the hardware does have that ability. If I'm sitting in a B&N I can use the WiFi hot spot and zoom/pan on a web page all I want. But the only way I can do that off line is to convert to a PDF file, which either displays at a resolution too fine for the display to render or eliminates the images completely.

Computers have been panning and zooming in other applications for decades, but the Windows reader application has little more capability than the First Edition (can display color, but still crops images and won't load enhanced ePubs). The Windows app's "User Guide" is so lame it's insulting. Many decade old desktops have just as much horsepower as an up to date tablet, but B&N refuses to create a reader application that lets customers use it. They can't seem to understand that the point of the readers and reader apps is to sell content. At prices low enough to compete with Amazon and other tablet manufacturers I seriously doubt B&N can make much if any money selling the readers and tablets themselves. But they stubbornly sacrifice ePub sale opportunities leaving their reader apps and early reader models unnecessarily crippled.

There's also the difficulty seeing anything on the LCD screen of a tablet (B&N's or anybody else's) if you're outside on a sunny day.

Reader
J_Noomman
0 Kudos

I agree that this is something that should be added, though I seriously doubt it ever will be. When reading books with a map (pretty much any fantasy novel along with some more mainstream ones like "Matterhorn"), it's almost totally unreadable.

Here's a few workarounds that I've been using, though neither is perfect:

1. When you adjust the margins to the smallest setting, the map will get slightly larger. With some maps and tables this might be enough to make it readable.

2. Use the iPhone's screenshot capability to take a screen and then zoom in the image app. This lets you zoom in much closer but obviously doesn't preserve image quality. Despite that, it might be a good option in some cases.
New User
afimage
0 Kudos

we do need c# image zoom ability to the reader's app. someone should help solve the problem quickly. it is important to us.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI

The latest iPad B&N App has this ability already.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI wrote:

The latest iPad B&N App has this ability already.

This is only on Apple devices currently, BUT, it's in the new beta for the Android app, so Android users should see it soon.

Contributor
brent258
0 Kudos

This guiding page has demonstrated how to zoom your image or picture in detail and you may refer to it.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 21 members 320 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: