New User
veronicuhh
0 Kudos

PROBLEMS WITH EREADER ON ITOUCH, BLACKBERRY AND PC!!! --- NEED HELP!!!

I downloaded ereader on my ipod touch, my blackberry, and my PC and there are problems with all of them! I just purchased a book and i cant read it properly. Im very upset because I downloaded a book before and read it on my ipod touch with no problem and now that I downloaded a second one, it freezes on my ipod touch (it refuses to load - it says its loading and then brings me back to the ipod touch menu). I then attempted to read on my blackberry, I couldn't even log in to the application. It would say "the request failed with reponse code -1". So then I downloaded ereader for PC and tried to read there, I could log in and the book would load fine but then there would be lines of the book missing. Like at the end of the page it would be an incomplete sentence then at the next page it would be the start of a new sentence, so obviously some lines were missing. Its quite annoying that I purchased a book and cannot even read it properly. Anybody have a similar problem or know the solution?

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

THANKS IN ADVANCE....

New User
Tommyk2
0 Kudos

Re: PROBLEMS WITH EREADER ON ITOUCH, BLACKBERRY AND PC!!! --- NEED HELP!!!

I have had the exact same problem with downloading a purchased ebook onto my Ipod Touch since 12/26/09.  (I was able to download the book after several attempts onto my PC,)  I hope someone out there or B & N can resolve this issue ASAP.  You're not alone in your frustration- I've also spent way too much  time downloading the app several times & attempting to download the book only to have it freeze every time on the Ipod Touch.       

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart

All the problems you are having are related to books in the epub format except for the Blackberry.

On the BB, delete the ereader application, redownload and install it.  I don't know why you can't connect but the BB downloads pdb format books not epub.  If you get the BB working, connect to your computer and copy the pdb book to your PC, import it to MY STUFF in the B&N reader and you can read it without any missing lines.

I use a workaround for my touch.  First you need a clean install of the ereader app.  Delete it, sync the touch with iTunes, then download the reader app again and install it. 

There are certain rules to follow when reading epub format books on the touch.  When you first load the book it takes forever for it to format - almost seems frozen, but it isn't.  DO NOT start to read the book or close the book (return to the library) until the formatting is complete, if you do there is a good chance the app will lock up.  DO NOT close the app with the book open, if you do the app will crash when you try to reopen it and you'll be back to square one.  Close the book (return to the library) and then close the app.  When you reopen the app and tap to open the book it will appear as if the app has frozen, it has not, it is reformatting the book, it takes just as long as it did the first time and the screen will not change until it is done, be patient.  This routine has worked for me for almost a week with only one crash and that was my fault for closing the app with the book open.

Good Luck

Frequent Contributor
dazzo51
0 Kudos

Hi there, I have the same exact message. I have deleted the application many times and

redownloaded it many times, but still to no avail. I don't think it is anything with our blackberry.

I think the problem is on their end. I just sent customer service and email regarding the

problem just this morning hoping they could solve the problem or walk me thru what ever

needs to be done. So it seems like it is something they need to correct.

New User
Tommyk2
0 Kudos

Thanks to the contributor (Ed) for the wise advice.  In following his steps, I successfully downloaded a

B & N ebook into my Ipod Touch.

A couple of points- the enitre process took me about twenty minutes to complete the process of reinstalling the app & downloading an 1150 page ebook.  My screen was white for the download (6 minutes or so).  I could monitor progress by tapping the screen.  The screen would go white again while it continued to download.   Once it stopped downloading, I returned to "Books".  I then tapped on the book from the library- and it took another several minutes to load.  Your screen will seem frozen, but it is not.  The book will appear.  I also shut down the Ipod touch & the book was still there & I was able to read the book after loading for about two minutes.  

Thanks again!

New User
DrVicki
0 Kudos

I, too, get this response -1 error.  Called B&N help desk and they state that it is a problem with the  BlackBerry reader and that they are waiting for an upgrade.  However, my husband had downloaded it to his BB and it works just fine.  Very frustrating.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

@ DrVicki:  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest eReader version to your BlackBerry?  Sometimes this helps get the eReader to work properly. 

New User
Tay-Tay
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem.  My iPod touch doesn't load past the loading page... Help?

New User
Tay-Tay
0 Kudos

Mine will not even load past the loading page :smileysad: HELLPP!!!!

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

I've heard of plenty of problems with the Blackberry not being compatible with the Barnes and Noble eReader Application.  I hope these problems can be resolved quickly.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 285 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: