New User
RobbieLincolnRE
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with Nook App on iPad 2--Cannot see all books

I had the same problem with crashing.  I agree with the person who said go to page 1, person number 14 for instructions.   I went to Nook, touched the word Nook on the upper left, then I logged out, giving it permission to reset, and logged back in.  It took a minute and now mine works.

Contributor
bossfan
0 Kudos

I'm having a problem with the new Stephen King book.  I've been reading it on the Nook Touch and every time I try to open it on the iPad 2 app it crashes.  I wanted to try the suggested remedy, but I'm not seeing anywhere that it says Nook on the upper left with an option to reset. In the upper left it says Nook Library, but it doesn't do anything when I touch it.  What am I missing?  The version of Nook for the iPad is the most recent one from September 2011.

Thanks for any help.

Contributor
mmd12
0 Kudos

On the Nook App for IPad, in the upper right hand corner, in between the the Search Library and the help is a anchor circle, click on this and log out. Would not hurt to reset your iPad, than go back into your Nook App and log back in and sync library, hopefully all of your books will be there. I have never had any trouble with the Nook app on my iPad. Hope this works for you!
Contributor
bossfan
0 Kudos

Thanks mmd12 - tried it but it didn't help. Any other ideas anyone?
New User
Tavstra
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with Nook App on iPad 2

I was gettng excited for a minute, but then reality set in.  Downloaded the Nookapp, kept trying to click on the word Nook in the top left hand corner, nada.  Tried downloading from Safari, same problem. Is there a version of Nook for Ipad I should be looking for?

Distinguished Wordsmith
PeterDe
0 Kudos

New update as of 12/12. To log out you need to press "gear" now on left middle of top bar.
Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

4 Nook Household, 2 NOOKs, 2 NOOKcolors
Contributor
hotbestseller
0 Kudos

Every time I open my Nook app on the iPad, it crashes.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled on the iPad.  I have new updated everything: iTunes, iPad, Lion on a MacBook.

I think I just started having issues after I updated the application.  Unfortunately, I can't even log out of the app and log back in (as someone said has worked for them) because I can't even get it to stay open long enough!

Rhonda Sheree
Author of Jaded
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Hi hotbestseller,

have you installed any other apps after updating?

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
dkb926
0 Kudos

I turned mine off and turned back on.  Logged back in and my books were back.

New User
ChgoDvr
0 Kudos

This worked for me as well - signed out, signed back in and downloaded the book with no issue.  Quirky bug - this thread is nearly a year old and the issue still exists - you would think B&N would fix it at some point or totally rework their app.  Thanks, JT!!!

New User
dlnsparks
0 Kudos

Go into Settings, click the Nook app, choose "Deregister device on launch". Close Settings. Open Noook app & reregister. That should fix the issue.
New User
KathyM24
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue, just bought a book for 99 cents (so at least it's not too much), I ordered it for my nook app on iPad2 and it opens, says it is loading and then WHAM, the whole app closes.

The reason I got it for the nook is because the book was complete and unabridged, otherwise I would never get the whole book on other sites...so frustrating...sorry I downloaded it.  I was even thinking about buying a nook as well since I have so many books, but I won't even buy one now after this failure.

Reader 2
mellyanne
0 Kudos

You do this on your nook? I gave my husband my Nook, I do not to erase the pix he has downloaded... My ipad2 app was working fine. I finished a book I was reading, read my iPad guide on the iBook app. Downloaded .... All my nook books had downloaded. I downloaded a free book on kindle, then my nook app wasn't workgroup. Have removed & downloaded again the app. Books will not download.....HELP please
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 30 members 601 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: