Reader 2
lca0714
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with Nook App on iPad 2

To JTMullins1  Thanks for your information and clear instructions.  That fixed worked for me as well, now can download and read B&N books on the ipad2.  Bought it originally for my husband, but wanted to have access on it for B&N too!  Now works great!

Reader
Misty126
0 Kudos

Thank you JTMullins! The reset made a world of difference! I've only had my ipad2 for a week and just downloaded 4 books for my Nook app.Nothing was downloadinng properly and the books kept crashing in iBooks. Your post was invaluable!
Reader
JLHJH
0 Kudos

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I could not figure out what to do. This worked beautifully.

New User
J3w3lz
0 Kudos

Genius!!!! It worked!!!!

Reader
bookmania_1
0 Kudos

I have not had any problems reading books on my Ipad2 through the Nook App.  My problem is that two of the magazines I can read on my nook cannot be downloaded on the ipad. I don't know if it is a problem associated with Apple not using flash on their products or not.  This is pretty frustrating.  I am thinking of selling my Nook which I have only had for six months.  But I would have to cancel my magazine subscriptions first. I don't know who to talk to about this because I don't know if it's a Nook problem or an Ipad problem.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

New User
ZaphodBeeblebrox
0 Kudos

I am trying to download the app and it doesn't seem to exist for iPad anymore. It's there for iPhone/iPod but not for the iPad. Anyone else notice this???
New User
MarjiD
0 Kudos

I spoke to b&n and they told me they are updating the app and to give it a day. Still not there. I still have my nook color but plan on selling it. The idea is to have one device. Very frustrating indeed.
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

MarjiD wrote:
I spoke to b&n and they told me they are updating the app and to give it a day. Still not there. I still have my nook color but plan on selling it. The idea is to have one device. Very frustrating indeed.

This is all on Apple. 

Reader
jphart
0 Kudos

Apple has forced B&N and Amazon to remove links from their respective iPad apps. Apple is trying to force iPad/Pod/Phone users to the Apple iStore instead, or is demanding increased share from B&N, Amazon, etc.

You just have to use the Safari web browser to go to the B&N store to purchase and initiate the download to the iPad B&N Nook Reader.

I received following message from Amazon regarding the Kindel for iPad app.  B&N should communicate similarly as well.

We'd like to update you on a change to the Kindle application that affects the way that you access the Kindle Store. In order to comply with recent policy changes by Apple, we've removed the "Kindle Store" link from within the app that opened Safari and took you to the Kindle Store.

You can still shop on iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch--just open the Safari web browser and go to Amazon.com. (For quick access, we recommend creating a bookmark in your web browser.) Your Kindle books will be delivered to your Kindle application and automatically downloaded when you open the app. Thanks for being a Kindle customer.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

I received a similar email from B&N yesterday.

New User
Toriotoko
0 Kudos

Just downloaded update yesterday. I have one book that when I open the app, the view shuts down. It's still listed in running apps after double click. This is on an Original Ipad with OS 4.3.5. I have tried Logging out a couple of times but this has done nothing for the issue. The book is "A Feast for Crows" by G. RR Martin. This was also the current book I was reading during the upgrade. Anything I can do to remedy this situation?

Reader
jphart
0 Kudos

T... Go back to msg 14 on page 1. Reset to default settings. Not just logout or off. Cold shutdown too.
New User
tbwells01
0 Kudos

I have never had a problem with the Nook app for the iPad. Works perfectly every time.
New User
Nicholea
0 Kudos

Success! Thanks so much!

Reader
RoverGurl
0 Kudos

I downloaded the Nook for Kids app and purchased a book. I'm able to see the book in my library on a PC. However, it won't auto download to my iPad 2. I've tried un-installing and reinstalling the app and the fix on this thread but the book still won't show up. Very frustrating! Any suggestions???
Reader
jphart
0 Kudos

Read above again. It isn't about installing, it is about reset to factory settings after your first download.

Then Shut-down completely too.  Not the soft off, but hold down the on/off button for 10-15 seconds until you get the shut-down message.  then power-up again.  That should do it.  Works for everybody else.

New User
likestoread77
0 Kudos

Just got an ipad.  I heard and read about problems with the Nook app for iPad.  I downloaded a book and all went well until I tried to open it.  It won't open.  Now, I am hoping to get my money back or get the issue resolved.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

likestoread77 wrote:

Just got an ipad.  I heard and read about problems with the Nook app for iPad.  I downloaded a book and all went well until I tried to open it.  It won't open.  Now, I am hoping to get my money back or get the issue resolved.

My NOOK for iPad app has worked perfectly from day one with no problems.

If you could provide more details perhaps someone here could help you out.

New User
SassyTeacher
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, I thought the problem was with my ipad and thankfull logging out of the nook app and then back in switched the problem.  I was very frustrated as I had applied B&N giftcards to my nook account. 

New User
Carolina_Jen
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with Nook App on iPad 2--Cannot see all books

Hi all....I just purchased an iPad and successfully downloaded the Nook app.  I can read what's there, however, only a few of the books from Nook library are actually "there."  I've looked for a setting on both the iPad and B&N to see if something needs to be changed yet have been unsuccessful thus far.

Anyone know how to get all of books accessible on the iPad Nook app?

Thanks for any help/ideas.

JT

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 461 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: