Inspired Contributor
Aminojaku
0 Kudos

Problem with iPad app

2 of the books in my library will not download. When I try to download them I get a popup with a single "OK" button and the text "Download". The other books downloaded just fine. Thanks.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with iPad app

@Aminojaku,

Can you PM me the specifics (eBooks)...?

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
cousett
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to me tried and tried for over an hour and then gave up and downloaded it on the ibooks app so I paid for the book twice and now barnes and noble won't give me a refund for a book I can't read was never able to download. I was so frustrated I deleted the app and until there is an update to the app won't be buying any more ebooks from Barnes and Noble. I also emailed customer support but they refused to give me a refund or help me in any way.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@cousett,

Please PM me your account email and a contact phone number so that we can reach out to you.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
roblef
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem here. I only get the synopsis on the iPad after I click download. I've deleted the ibook and redownloaded it, with the same result. Any ideas?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@roblef,

Please PM me your account email and a contact phone number so that we can reach out to you.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Reader
Suzanne78
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I was wondering whether anyone else is having problems today with the B&N eReader.  Mine started trying to update my library (I had just inputed the latest Free eBook code from the in-store coupon, for Week 5), while I was in the middle of THE PASSAGE.  The eReader tried updating for several minutes, but failed. Now I don't have access to any of my eBooks--none of them are showing up in my eReader library. Nor can I access them through My Account on the website.

I wasn't sure if this was a systemwide B&N problem at the moment. Any help or information, or an estimate of how long this problem will last, would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Suzanne78,

We are working on this and expect for it to be addressed shortly. If you’re unable to download content, please try again later.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Reader
ohn3
0 Kudos

i have the same problem wth my app it wont let me download several of my books. I have tried multiple times to download them but a pop-up keeps saying i havent unlocked my credit card or its expired which neither of them are correct. It is very frustrating.i

Reader 4
Troy53
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is there a fix for the "unlock credit card is expired" problem?  I have the same problem with the Android app I just installed on my Moto Droid.  I checked my accound at BarnesandNoble.com and there is a default card selected, anything else I can do? 

Um, never mind, at least for my part.  I added another credit card to my account, switched the default to that and am now able to download with the Android app.  Weird.

bwb
New User
bwb
0 Kudos

Hi.  Having the same problem: eBook will not open in the iPAD app.  Book name is "1491".

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@bwb,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

Try updating your default credit card by removing it and then re-entering.

Please let us know if you issue was resolved.

New User
tpg-8201
0 Kudos

Please help...I have a Nook and I have the Nook app on both my iPad and iPhone. I can rarely open a book on either app, even if I purchased the book ages ago. I get unable to download messages regardless of whether I'm using wifi or 3g. When it does work I  really can't figure out what I've done differently. It would be great to know how to get the books to open consistently. Thanks very much.

Tio
New User
Tio
0 Kudos

I am having a Problem with one book on my ipad, and only one book.  While it's downloaded, it will not open, and every time I try to open it, it takes me back to the nook library.  Anyone have any ideas?

New User
ikzanol
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem. All my books were gone after the update, and the app wouldn't let me download them again. I had to go to B&N and update my credit card info (card had expired) even though the books were already paid for. Seems a bit extreme for B&N to withhold my property unless I give them credit card info. I'd probably go to jail if I walked in to a B&N, grabbed a book, and refused to give it back until they gave me the B&N corporate credit card info. Pardon the rant, and hope this helps.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

ikzanol wrote:

I had a similar problem. All my books were gone after the update, and the app wouldn't let me download them again. I had to go to B&N and update my credit card info (card had expired) even though the books were already paid for. Seems a bit extreme for B&N to withhold my property unless I give them credit card info.

You don't understand how it works, obviously.

They didn't charge your card again - they didn't extort you.  B&N's TOS says you must have a valid credit card on file.  Why?

Because B&N uses a Social DRM (different from Kindle, Sony, Kobo et al... which is why you might not encounter this with others) which requires a valid credit card number to encrypt the books.  This means that once downloaded to a PC, you can place that book on as many devices as you are willing to type your credit card number into - which creates a decryption code.  You can't reverse the card number out of the device.  This means that you can share your ebooks with close friends that aren't quite close enough to give your account password to...

However, this means that you cannot download a book without a valid credit card as DRM encryption cannot be applied by B&N without said valid credit card...

The huge benefit to Social DRM is that there's no 2 or 6 device limit which you encounter with Kindle, Sony, Kobo et al...

So rant away, but you maka-no-sense once you know why they require the valid credit card on file...

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 278 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: