New User
NeroWolfe
0 Kudos

Problem with the eReader app for iPad

I'm liking the app so far, but how can I delete all of the free samples that are on my "ebooks" page? For example, I launch the sample of the book "War". Then I tap the center of the page to bring up the top menu. Then I tap the "i" symbol. Then I tap "remove from iPad". I then retun to the ebook listing and the book is still there! Not only is this a VERY cumbersome way in which to delete an ebook or ebook sample, but it doesn't even work! How can I fully delete it?

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with the eReader app for iPad

I believe that first you have to archive the book from on your BN account and then you can actually delete the file from your iPad. That is what I had to do with one of my ebooks.
New User
GrammyPuter
0 Kudos

Well I actually got the evil thing to work by turning on ATT Data access.  It shouldn't need it, since I am logged into my home network via broadband.  That, to my mind, counts as a BUG!!

New User
FatherShawn
0 Kudos

The solution to this is not obvious!  After a lot of work, my wife and I figured this out.

1. Log in to your B&N Account via the web.
  2. Click My Account
  3. Scroll down to Digital Management, click on My eBooks Library
  4. Delete the samples from your online library and they will disappear from you iPad.  If you have unintentionally downloaded samples, you may need to delete them from you iPad as well.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 758 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: