Reader 4
capriccio
0 Kudos

Removing a book from Android

Is there a way to remove a book from my Android phone without deleting or archiving it within my B&N library? 

Thanks,

allison

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

Re: Removing a book from Android

@capriccio

I have the same question.  I finally downloaded nook for android 2.5 version.  I downloaded the book I was reading (gotta figure out how to sync pages), but I was wondering how to take it off my phone and not my library when finished.  I'm afraid it would be taking up too much space on my phone.  Not sure if this app was a good idea or not.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

Well, I think I have figured out the syncing.  I did the syncing from the phone on the library mode and reading now mode when I finished.  What I didn't know was use the Go to feature to go to the last page on the bn.com mode.  Now if I can figure out how to remove book when I finish JUST from phone, I will be totally thrilled!

Frequent Contributor
SonDan1
0 Kudos

Just wondered if anyone has finally figured out how to do this yet?

I have been carrying aroung my Samsung Galaxy Tab with wthe Nook App for the past two weeks and now have two read books to remove along with another that will be completed very soon.

I don't think that the Nook App developer(s) made such a faux paux as to allow every read book to remain indefinitely on the device: their error was just to not make it obvious how to remove the book after we finished reading it. :smileytongue:

Thanks for reading.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

How about hooking your Tab up to your computer and deleting them from the Tab drive.

SonDan1 wrote:

I have been carrying aroung my Samsung Galaxy Tab with wthe Nook App for the past two weeks and now have two read books to remove along with another that will be completed very soon.

I don't think that the Nook App developer(s) made such a faux paux as to allow every read book to remain indefinitely on the device: their error was just to not make it obvious how to remove the book after we finished reading it. :smileytongue:

Thanks for reading.

Frequent Contributor
romsfuulynn
0 Kudos

ProfReader wrote:

How about hooking your Tab up to your computer and deleting them from the Tab drive.

SonDan1 wrote:

In settings, there is a checkbox for "remove epub on archive."  I archive and then unarchive stuff that I want to keep active.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

The best thing to do is archive the book.  That will remove the book's file from your phone and place the cover for the book in the archive section of the nook app.

If you want the book to not appear anywhere within the nook app then it must be deleted from your 'My Library' at bn.com.  Which means if you ever want to read the book again you will have to repurchase it.

If you just delete the file from the phone by using say Windows Explorer while plugged into your computer it will reappear the next time you open the nook app sync with the server.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 303 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: